Chapter 14, The Old World

Recently, Vhiro and I started exploring the former beautiful cities by ourselves. Not much of anything dangerous was around, might as well see what's valuable to use. Blue Eye stayed behind to manage the fleet and other important things before our first 'off-world assignment'.

I pressed my foot lightly on the accelerator pedal while gently rotating the steering wheel.

"Sometimes when I see ruined buildings, the memories of the people who once inhabited them echoes in my head." Vhiro said while looking out the window.

I glance to the left before taking a turn, in front of us are broken down cars. It's like they're everywhere, an endless supply.

From across the street, a clothing store happens to catch my eye. "Kinda curious what this store has."

Both of us exit the vehicle and walk to the front of the store.

Vhiro looks up, "Mick-n's Clothes." he reads, "I believe everything here still has value. From the windows, we can see already what's inside."

Taking a small breath, "I guess since we're here, and it's right in front of us. Might as well get some clothes if nobody is gonna claim them."

To my surprise, Vhiro agrees and we both enter the store to get what we want.

Time skip brought to you by RWBY Chibi. The duo inside the clothing store.

Kyle: "How would this tracksuit look?"

Vhiro: "It suits you well, maybe find some headwear or accessories."

Kyle: "My Pip-Boy will be fine."

We walk out of the store, both of us holding a bag of clothes we picked ourselves. After putting them in the back of our vehicle, Vhiro and I continue driving around town and salvaging. Most of our stops were at auto parts stores, just taking things such as car oil and cleaning supplies. Many pharmacy stores were also untouched. I took advantage of this rare opportunity to get the medication I remember taking before. Before leaving the store, almost every medical kit we could find was put inside the transport. It's probably just gonna end up inside one of the medical stations.

He inspects the cargo we piled up. "We're gonna need to get this back. Maybe getting another vehicle would be a good choice if you wish to continue."

I nod and tap my radio. "Requesting pick up and replacement at Outland Sector 0-2. Relocate extracted transport to Bay 8-2 for inspection then deliver to Garage Sector."

To pass time, we both share a bucket of animal crackers that just happened to be cinnamon flavored. Since there is like 20 or so more in the back, why not take a snack?

The noise of a hovering LAAT/C is heard after waiting for one hour. I assist the pilots in swapping out both transport vehicles while Vhiro goes on his phone.

With our new transport delivered, our journey around the ruins continues.

Same old look at the stores, broken and shattered glass. However, not all are in a ruined condition. You'll probably find everything inside still usable. Vhiro is also looking around. While swerving my head left and right trying to find something interesting, a particular building catches my eye. A gun warehouse with a complete shooting range, completely untouched...