6

SEVEN

It's so boring in the house when there isn't seven idiots to entertain you.

After they'd gone, I'd literally spent the rest of the day rolling around on the carpet and eating some of the food that Jin had left for me when I got hungry.

So unproductive.

And now I'm shuffling towards Jimin's room, yawning. How long did a mission take them? It had been only something like five hours, and from what I'd heard earlier, it was a fast mission.

King obviously pointed to the most powerful man in the South— and his sidekick, as Jin had pointed it out, probably meant one of the rulers of the smaller parts.

But I couldn't guess who that was.

Slipping underneath the blankets, I'm about to close my eyes when a small noise sounds. My instincts flare up, and I'm instantly out of the bed and on my feet in a flash.

Someone's in the house.

Alert.

My senses on edge, I quickly search for a weapon in Jimin's room. The footsteps split into multiple others, and I swallow when I realize one of them is coming towards where I am.

It's not just one?

Okay. Okay. Calm— and hide.

Quickly grabbing a pencil— because for being a damn assassin Park freaking Jimin has zero things that can be used as a weapon in his room— I hide myself behind the door.

And then the door silently clicks open.

My heart's beating out of my chest as the door swings, nearly hitting me. I had to calm down— you know this, Seven.

And when the shadow of a person comes in, I instantly hit the door close and wrap my arm around his neck.

My legs sweep under his, and I'm surprised how smoothly this goes as the person goes down without a single move of resistance.

He hasn't cried out yet, and I press my hand successfully over where his mouth is before he can.

Perfect.

And then I swallow when I recognize two pairs of glowing silver eyes.

"O-Oh, hey." I stutter, immediately hiding the pencil behind my back. I blush fiercely as I scramble off his figure, cursing silently under my breath.

You're freaking paranoid.

I wait for his mocking, cold voice, telling me that I was stupid, whatever. But then nothing comes, and I blink in confusion, finally looking back.

He's still on the floor, eyes closed.

Oh gosh, I think, my eyes wide as I quickly get down next to the shadow of Jimin's form. Had I choked him too hard? But to have knocked him out with that—"

And then my eyes catch on his hand, squeezing his right arm tightly.

What...?

I turn on the small light next to his bed, and then nearly freeze altogether in shock. His upper right arm— the clothing around it is darker, and I swallow as I touch it.

My fingertips come off red.

Immediately I get to my feet, about to go wake one of them when pale fingers wrap around my wrist and pull me backwards.