17

SEVEN

"I need to— what?"

"You're going to have to show them what you got!" Jin says excitedly, and Jungkook punches at the air. "We can tell the main guy that we found you at the South— he'll definitely let you into North Assassin Headquarters once he sees what you're made of."

"So I have to pretend like a..."

"An innocent thief." Yoongi drones out, as if he was reading from a script. "A poor Southerner who got real light on her feet and really good at fighting because, you know, the streets."

"Okay." I say, stretching my palms as I look up the dark structure of Headquarters. It looked so different from the South— more modern, than anything.

My heart's beating from childish excitement.

"Assassin Name."

That's the first thing that the guard says, hands rested on guns. Jin casually shrugs his shoulders, saying his name. Then he puts his fingertip to something, and it turns a green color.

I'm taken aback.

"Don't worry." Taehyung says when he notices my wide eyes. "Just the touch scanner. Everything will be fine for you."

And then he nods at Jimin, who's standing to the side with his hands clasped together.

"Get her through, Chim."

I'm watching Yoongi pass when Jimin wraps his arm around my shoulders, making me glance up at him in amusement.

He notices me, and his features squeeze to a wince. He turns his head away, and I can't help but laugh softly.

It was so fun teasing him.

Everyone goes through until Jungkook finally presses his fingertip, shooting us a warm smile before disappearing inside. The guard instantly looks at me, and I feel Jimin push down his cap deeper on top of my head.

"Who's she?"

"A potential." Jimin says, and I don't have to look up to know the guard's eyes have narrowed.

"And you?"

"Assassin Jimin." He says, and then I hear the soft beep of the scanner. "Let her through— I plan on taking her straight to the Headmaster."

Then I feel him pushing gently against my back, and I'm in.

Instead of the dirt floor outside, the ground here is made of smooth— jet black. It looks like obsidian, and I look up to see dim lights hung on the ceiling in a straight line down the hall.

"Come on."

"Where did everyone go?" I whisper. The halls were completely empty— except for us. I've instinctively draw closer to Jimin.

Because if I get lost in here, tracker skills or not, I was going to get lost.

"Only two are allowed to visit at a time when bringing potentials." He says lowly under his breath. "We're almost there, don't be so anxious."

I frown. "I'm not anxious at all."

"Shh."

Then he opens a door, and I steel my nerves as we walk in. There's a man in a chair, and I put up my shy act— looking at the ground with my cap and scuffing at my shoes.