CHAPTER 6

The day finally arrived.

Her apartment had never been extravagantly decorated in the first place, but watching it now completely bare and empty brought on a wave of unexpected nostalgia. Her move to Seoul was real, it was happening.

The more Yongsun thought about all of this, the more nervous she grew. Eric's talk last week about making friends had stuck with her. She knew no one at that school. Yes, she was from Seoul and her parents still lived there, but hanging out with her parents all the time was not an option. Some of her classmates from SKKU worked in the capital, but she had never been close with the ones that she knew for a fact were there. Eric was the closest thing to a friend that she had, and he was staying behind in Suwon.

Her pessimistic thoughts were cut short by her cell vibrating on the kitchen counter. "You'll live long," she said into her phone.

"Uh, I called to say that I arrived and that I was making my way up to your floor, but what's this about me living long?"

"It's a saying. If someone is thinking or talking about someone else and then the person they were thinking or talking about contacts them soon after, people say, 'You'll live long.' It's like, 'Oh, I was thinking about you and then you popped up.'"

"I see," Eric responded skeptically. "Open your door." For once, she followed instructions, walked to her door, and opened it. There in all of his non-glory stood Eric.

"What's with this outfit? Do you think you're a celebrity or something?" She critically assessed him from head to toe as she spoke. He stood in her doorway with a smirk on his face. Black hat, black mask, black short-sleeved t-shirt, black shorts, white crew socks, black Vans. Completely ignoring her snark, he brushed past her into the villa apartment. After closing her door, Yongsun turned to find Eric standing a few feet away, smirk still in place. "What's so funny?"

"You were thinking about me?" He wagged his eyebrows at her.

"What?" Confusion. She was confused.

"You said I'll live long. Then you said that that means someone—you being that someone—was thinking or talking about someone else—me." His satisfaction at this was unacceptable to Youngsun. She had to kill it immediately.

"Yeah. I was thinking about how annoying you are and how excited I am to finally be away from you."

"Lies!" Although his words were for Yongsun, his focus was on scanning her packed belongings to figure out what would be taken to the vehicle first. "I know you. You talk all this big talk, but you're going to miss me. It's okay to say it."

"Anyway, Mr. Celebrity, what's the plan for this stuff?"

"You don't have as much as I thought you did. I borrowed a friend's pickup truck and was concerned everything wouldn't fit in one trip, but if we pack the vehicle properly, we should be good."

"I feel like you're making up all these friends of yours."

Bending down to pick up one of her boxes, Eric dryly responded, "Ha ha. You are so funny. It's like you're the funniest person ever to have funnied. Could you get the door for me, please? I'm going to take this down then I'll be back up."

Holding the door open for him, Yongsun fussed over his well-being, "Are you sure it's not too heavy? Are you sure you're good? We can carry it together if it's too much."

Eric chuckled, "Aww, see, you do care about me. I'm good, though. It's not too heavy and you live on the second floor so it'll only be one flight of stairs. I'll be right back."