CHAPTER 28

"My turn!" Chorong clapped excitedly. "Okay, never have I ever . . . had sex in public."

"Chorong! What is up with you and all these sexual questions tonight? I apologize on her behalf," Yongsun voiced sincerely to the group.

"Don't apologize, that's the point of the game," Sirae reassured her. "The more people drink, the more fun the game gets. Anyway, you got me with that one. I'm down to three fingers."

Wanting a break from clubs and bars, Chorong urged Yongsun to invite Sirae and Seungyeon over to their apartment for a relaxed night in. Having tagged along with the former SKKU students enough times, Chorong felt comfortable enough considering them acquaintances. She made a compelling case about not having many other female friends and wanting to get closer to Sirae and Seungyeon since they were all the same age. Yongsun didn't need much convincing as she, too, enjoyed the time spent with the other girls. She had also had an especially challenging week of assignments, including a 15-page paper that was turned in earlier that day. Needing to finally experience some fun after a full week in the Academic Center each night with Byulyi, the graduate student extended an invitation to Seungyeon and Sirae and they accepted. That was how they found themselves in her and Chorong's living room, hours into a Friday night full of food, drinks, music, and good company.

It had been two weeks since that night with Seungyeon. Things were fine. They continued to hang out, continued to kiss if the mood hit them, and weren't awkward with each other. At all. Even now, in the middle of Never Have I Ever, they revealed some of their most embarrassing and risqué past deeds—well, Seungyeon and the others did, Yongsun hadn't done much worthy of Never Have I Ever. She was mostly a spectator—but it wasn't weird. Yongsun was grateful.

"When did you do that, Sirae, and how come I've never heard of this?"

"I told you about it, Seungyeon. Remember? That one time last year?"

"Oh! Never mind. I remember now. You used to be wild," she chuckled.

"Used to. I'm retired now."

"You talk like you're ancient," Chorong giggled.

"I am!"

"We're twenty-four! I don't know about you, but I consider myself young," Yongsun's roommate babbled.

Scrambling to find and answer her cell phone that suddenly started ringing, Yongsun stood and left the other three to their insightful conversation.

"Hey, Wheein. What's up?"

"Unnie, are you home?" The younger girl's melodic voice filled her right ear.

"I am, why?"

"We're outside your door."

She should've expected it. Wheein and Hyejin only ever called to inquire further about something they'd already done. Padding lightly to the door, the blonde welcomed her younger friends with open arms.

"What are you two doing here? I mean, come in, yes, but also, what are you two doing here?"

"We came to see what you and Byul-unnie were up to tonight, then we remembered she's out with her teammates," Hyejin rolled her eyes.

"Why do you sound so upset about that?" Yongsun smiled softly at Hyejin's apparent annoyance with Moonbyul spending time with her basketball friends.

"She sees them all week during their trainings! Could've saved tonight for us."

"To be fair, the three of us are usually out on Fridays. Guess she got tired of being the only one at home all the time."