CHAPTER 16

"Someone's in a good mood today," Heeyeon called from the couch. "Did you get laid last night?" She asked while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Not even. Last night was a mess," Moonbyul said as she plopped herself next to her roommate.

"I love messes! Tell me more." Heeyeon clicked off their television and turned excitedly to give the blonde her full attention.

Moonbyul told her everything that happened with Sunmi, from the KBL game all the way to what transpired after the party. She spared no detail. She never did with Heeyeon. When it came to these types of things, well, when it came to almost anything, really, these two were completely honest with each other. Moonbyul always gave Wheein and Hyejin a general overview of what was going on in her love life, but Heeyeon was the one person that knew everything.

"Pretty sure Sunmi hates me now."

"As she should," the ash-brown haired woman laughed. "You had to have seen that coming, Byulyi. She was all over you for a few weeks straight. She wanted you. It was obvious."

"I really didn't expect it, though. Don't," she started at the incredulous look on Heeyeon's face, "don't make that face. I'm being serious."

"How did you not expect that?!"

"I just didn't," she shrugged. "She's super rich and semi-Instagram famous. She could have whoever she wants. There was no reason for me to believe she'd be after me."

"You're the biggest, most well-known athlete at SNU, you're most likely on your way to the Olympics, and you're making a name for yourself in the world of international athletics. Not to mention you're hot. Why wouldn't she want you?"

"Doesn't matter now," Moonbyul sighed.

"Yeah, because you rejected her. I still can't believe you did that," Heeyeon thought out loud in disbelief.

"I can't believe I did that either. She's so hot, Heeyeon." Moonbyul covered her face and mouth with her hands but continued speaking, voice muffled, "Why did I do that? Sex with her is probably mind-blowing."

"I bet. She strikes me as the freaky type. Very, very freaky. And it was part of your birthday celebration? Without question she would've let you do whatever you wanted to her."

"Now you're just rubbing it in."

"That's what she would've said."

Moonbyul's thoughts kept her company as Heeyeon left to her room for a few minutes before returning with her laptop in hand.

"Stop overthinking yourself to death. Let it go, it's over, done. No point in dwelling on the past. Who knows? Maybe you'll meet someone down the line who's even freakier."

"Doesn't really matter. You know I don't do the one-night stand thing," she added forlornly.

"I don't know, always felt like you've been putting too much pressure on yourself with that rule of yours. You're young, live a little, y'know? If the only time you're going to have sex is when you're in a relationship or dating someone, you're not going to have a lot of sex, Byulyi. Especially with how picky you are. You get tired of people too quickly for all that."

"I'm not picky," she grew defensive.

"Are you shitting me? You lose interest in people so quickly and you turn the smallest things into a problem, but that's another conversation. The point is, not everyone that shows interest in you even wants to be in a relationship. Some people just want to fuck, and there's nothing wrong with that. If both of you are on the same page and you think their interest in you is genuine, at least consider it as an option. Sunmi wasn't wrong when she told you to let yourself have good things. Yes, she was referring to herself as the 'good things' you should have," Heeyeon chuckled, "but the point remains. It's okay if you indulge a little every now and then. That's just my opinion, though. You do whatever you feel is best for you."