𝙊. 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

tw: overdose

( 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀 )▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

( 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀 )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

FREAKING OUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD by Mac DeMarco blared through the small speaker placed on Jaylene's nightstand, her unconscious body slumped over her bed, the blood rushing to her head with every passing second. The color drained from her chapped lips with one arm hanging off the bed with the other tucked under her lower back, losing blood circulation. Behind her eyelids, her pupils were dilated, larger than usual. She was still alive. Barely, but she was still clinging onto life despite the fact that she was completely out of it, unable to move a single muscle.

In one of the other bedrooms located inside of the Rosewood mansion, her younger brother, Nathaniel, had a pillow pressed up against his ears. For the past few minutes, he'd been trying his hardest to avoid the loud music playing across the hallway, but to his luck, songs continued playing one after another. And just like any aggravated person, he finally had enough of it. He pulled himself up from his comfortable bed, quickly making his way towards the room across the hall to pound on the wooden door that led into his sister's room.

"Jay! Mind turning it down a little? Some of us actually care about getting up on time for school tomorrow!" Nathaniel huffed, his hand wrapped around the silver doorknob. "Jaylene!" He used her full name, signifying that he was annoyed at the fact that she'd ignored him.

And without a second thought, he turned the knob, opening the door before stepping into the room. Nothing could've prepared him for the horrifying image that engulfed his vision. His heart dropped to his stomach as he ran towards his older sister, placing his fingers against the pulse on her neck. It was faint, extremely faint. "Dad! Lorelei! Someone help!" The panicked fourteen year old shouted, his vision growing blurry at the sight of his sisters unresponsive body.

Within a few seconds, the two adults rushed into the room, gasping at the sight of the unconscious girl. It wasn't difficult to put the pieces together. A bottle of unprescribed pills were lying next to Jaylene's body. At the time, they didn't know whether it was intentional or not, but they'd end up finding out soon.

"N-Nate! Go get a towel! Call an ambulance, Lorelei! Tell them to get here as fast as possible!" Henderson stumbled on his words, quickly cradling his daughter into his arms before lifting her from the bed, heading in the direction of the bathroom to get some water on her face, hoping to decrease the high temperature her body was at. "Now!" He shouted, both frustrated and scared out of his mind.