𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞. 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙖

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. Sure it can help buy particular objects that you feel will bring you happiness, but it's unable to get a hold of that emotion to inject it into ones body.

If Jaylene were given the chance to choose between money and happiness, she'd choose happiness without giving it a second thought. She had longed for that feeling for the longest time, and she finally felt that overwhelming emotion last night when she finally kissed the boy she'd caught feelings for.

Even after all the family drama she'd encountered back on figure eight, she was still able to push it all to the side for a couple hours in order to feel some sense of happiness. And it felt amazing. After the longest time ever, she finally felt like a normal teenage girl again. The thought of pouring pills down her throat had left her mind for a few hours as well, but it quickly returned when her small fantasy came to an end.

When she made it back home that morning, she snuck back into her bedroom where she found the mess she'd left the previous night. It only managed to remind her that she'd nearly relapsed again, but she couldn't talk to anyone about it. Nate was the only person in that household that she was able to tolerate at the moment, but she couldn't bring herself to remind him about that night he found her.

Most of that night was a complete blur to her, but that wasn't the case for her younger brother. Every little thing was  constantly playing in a loop inside of his head, sorta like like a scratched up disc. He was constantly reminded of her unconscious body lying on the bed, barely breathing.

And what scared Jaylene the most about her situation was that if she did relapse, she'd be sent back to rehab in order to complete another program. Sure she was surrounded by other people who were on the road to sobriety, but those were lonely times that she never wished to relive.

So, instead of continuing her search for something that would help her take the edge off of everything that she was feeling at the moment, she decided to take a quick shower to get the sand off of her body. Ever since the swim she took with John B., the salty particles had clung onto her body and had bothered her all through out the night.

Although she'd taken longer than expected, she finally got herself dressed and began tidying up the mess that had been made. And not even five minutes in, a knock was heard on her bedroom door, causing her to close her eyes and loudly sigh.

"Just a minute!" She shouted, running a hand through her damp hair before pulling the door open to reveal the maid. This quickly caused Jaylene to soften her features as she gave the older woman a smile.