𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙞. 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙪

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙒𝙊

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙒𝙊. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

"THERE!" Jaylene pointed at the large real estate sign placed in the front lawn of a medium-sized two story home. She could recognize Rose Cameron's face anywhere and that one displayed on the sign was certainly it.

She was still struggling to catch her breath as she pushed herself towards the front porch stairs that led to the large wooden door. And the sound of the sirens loudly wailing a street down did not help her in the slightest.

Her hands were shaking as she crouched down, spinning the digits as she continuously repeated the code in her head.

"Jay—" John B looked around, loudly gulping down when he caught sight of the red and blue lights flashing in the distance, meaning that they were running out of time.

"Got it!" She let out a sigh of relief when she heard a small click as the small box opened, revealing a key that she quickly took in her grasp before inserting it into the keyhole and twisting the knob which allowed the door to pop open.

The two wasted no time, rushing into the home and shutting the door behind them before running up the stairs, nearly getting caught as a deputy walked towards the home, illuminating it with a flashlight.

Luckily, they successfully made it up to the second floor before they could be spotted.

"I can't believe it. I can't believe Rafe would do something like this." Jaylene stopped at a window that gave them a good view of the street that was slowly beginning to get flooded by people who were searching for the boy stood beside her. "He was a dick sometimes, but he wasn't supposed to turn out to be a murderer. T-This wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't supposed to be a spitting image of his bastard of a father—" Her voice cracked, all kinds of emotions hitting her at once as the reality of everything going on slowly began to hit her.

She hadn't felt it before because of the adrenaline that had been pumping through her body this entire time, but now, as she watched Rafe and Kelce run down the street, she realized that the boy she knew yesterday was not the same boy she'd encountered just a couple minutes ago.

Rafe Cameron was definitely not an angel, but he wasn't a monster either...at least not before yesterday he wasn't.

"C'mon." John B lightly shook her shoulder, pulling her from her thoughts before leading Jaylene towards one of the furnished bedrooms inside of the home.

As badly as they would've enjoyed laying on the comfortable bed placed in the center of the room, they couldn't risk hiding in plain sight, so they took the large, white duvet from the king sized bed, plus a couple pillows before heading into the spacious closet.

The ground felt hard and uncomfortable, but given the circumstances, Jaylene didn't mind. She just needed some time to stop and think about what happened next. She couldn't just help John B run for the rest of his life. This could only end one of two ways, he gets arrested, or he successfully manages to flee the island. She wanted more options to be set on the table, but there was no possible way that it would happen. Both options were equally as bad.