𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞. 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙝

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙎𝙄𝙓

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙎𝙄𝙓. )
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

PRESSING HER FOOT AGAINST THE BRAKE, Jaylene parked the black Range Rover in front of the sheriffs station before turning to look at Nathaniel, who was sat in the passenger seat, looking extremely confused as he realized where they were at.

"What are we doing here? You said we were getting food." He loudly groaned, looking over at her with an annoyed look plastered on his face.

"We are. But I gotta pick something up first." Jaylene informed him as she stared at the sheriffs station, extremely distraught because she knew Marleen's file was useless now. She knew her mother was actually alive which meant that there would either be a fake death certificate in there that had been signed by a doctor at the nearby hospital, or there wouldn't be anything at all besides her record. But whatever it was, she needed to know.

"You need to pick something up at the sheriffs station?" He raises his eyebrows upwards at her, clearly annoyed that they weren't getting food like she'd told him. "What is it? Your record?"

"No." An offended look formed on her face as she coldly stared at him. "I'll have you know, my record's squeaky clean."

"It's squeaky clean cause dad has gotten you out of trouble so many times." Nathaniel couldn't help but laugh at the false claim she'd just made. "If it weren't for the fact that we have money, you'd probably be behind bars right now."

Jaylene let out a stifled laugh before harshly smacking her brothers arm which caused him to groan in pain. "So, how'd that whole situation play out yesterday after I left?" She quickly changed the subject before he could get the chance to hit her back.

Nathaniel leaned back into his seat, thinking for a couple seconds before parting his lips to speak."Well, there was a lot of arguing. And then once Lorelei left, dad told me that we're heading to the Hamptons next week. And personally, that sounds like a load of shit to me."

"Agreed." Jaylene nodded, running a hand through her hair before rolling the windows down. "Alright, we'll keep talking about this in a few minutes. I'll be right back." She sighed, stepping out of the car before heading towards the door that led her into the station.

   When she was finally inside the station, she greeted the woman at the counter and quickly informed her that she was just here to pick something up, so within seconds, she was walking towards Peterkin's office.

"Huh, you must really want this file." The sheriff shot the girl an amused look as Jaylene stepped foot into the small office, shutting the door behind her so that their conversation would be kept private.

"Did you look through it?" Jaylene questioned, taking a seat on the chair before grabbing a hold of the file that was placed on the wooden desk in front of her.