𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙠𝙤𝙤𝙠

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

( 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏.)
▬▬▬∘◦ ☆ ◦∘▬▬▬

THE NEXT DAY, Jaylene woke up with a massive headache and an excruciating pain running through her lower back from how uncomfortable the plaid couch was. After learning that John Routledge was in fact dead, John B. filled her on on the details that led him towards the discovery. He told her all about the royal merchant and his plans to find the gold that was supposedly still aboard the sunken ship (she didn't exactly support his idea, but she kept quiet while he explained everything he knew so far). It helped her to better understand why that damn compass was so important to him. Not only was it passed down through numerous generations in the Routledge family tree, but inside of it was a clue that helped further progress the quest the group of pogues were on. She even got to listen to the recording that John Routledge left behind before leaving the island. It upset her in every way possible. She couldn't even imagine how John B. felt with the confirmation that his father was in fact dead.

Reaching towards her phone that had winded up on the ground, she deeply sighed. The home screen was full of countless messages and missed calls from her family members and neighbors who had a hold of her phone number. She never spent the night any where without informing her father about her whereabouts. She had also just gotten home from rehab a few days ago which only caused them to worry more. It was incredibly stupid on her part to even be drinking knowing that deep down she was a recovering addict, but not a lot of people knew that.

When she heard the front door being pulled open, her head snapped in that direction, watching JJ step into the shack without noticing the Rosewood girl who was sitting on the couch. He looked around for a few more seconds before jumping in surprise once he finally noticed Jaylene staring at him with a deadpan look.

"Hey, John B.! I don't mean to alarm you, but are you aware that there's a kook sleeping on your couch?" He shouted, hand placed over his heart just to make the situation seem so much more dramatic than it actually was.

"You're quite the comedian, aren't you, JJ?" She groaned, yawning afterwards as she pulled her body off the couch, rubbing her eyes to get a better look at the blonde-haired boy stood in front of her.

Before JJ could respond, John B. stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Have you ever heard of knocking?" He directed his words towards his best friend who was clearly confused as to what Jaylene was doing there.

"Wait," He paused, looking towards Jaylene and then back at John B., feeling like some sort of genius with the accusation that formed in his brain. "Dude, did you roll around the sheets with a kook? Atta boy!" JJ pat John on the back, earning a scoff in return from Jaylene.

"I am literally standing right here, you dirty-minded asshole!" She reached for a pillow on the couch, tossing it in JJ's direction, watching it smack him directly in the face.