Part 2: Those Who Remain

You could see the cogs turning in Momonga’s head. You looked at each NPC and took note of  how it seemed they were alive…..and all shivering in fear.

“What's the matter?” You said loud enough for everyone to hear. The Battle Maids made no movement and stayed silent, however, Sebas stepped forward.

“My lord,” The older butler spoke.

“I believe that the Supreme Ones’ duel may have frightened those in attendance.” He stated with a stiff bow. You looked to Momonga who was nodding his head in understanding.

“I see.” You looked to Albedo again.  Even though she was the most composed of the NPCs, she still wore a look of worry and fear.

“You need not worry, we were simply sparring. While I admit it may have been premature to do it in the throne room, it was just a simple spar. I apologize.” You said lowering your head slightly.

“My lord! You must not apologize for using your tomb as you see fit! It was our naivete that lead to our fear.” All of the NPCs in the room bowed with Sebas. You stepped forward and raised Sebas up.

“Its alright. Even the Supreme Beings can make mistakes.” You offered with a smile. Sebas was taken aback, as were the maids as they all stood to attention. You noticed one maid ignore you entirely.

“Yuri Alpha? Step forward.” She tensed for a moment before ultimately following her order.

“Yes Agamemnon-Sama!” She offered with a curt bow. You stroked your chin in thought as you spoke.

“Why is it I make you so wary?” You asked with a curious glance. She fidgeted uncomfortably as she brought herself to look you in the eye.

“I simply admire you in every way...and being here, this close to you…” Before she could continue, Albedo let out a yelp of pleasure.  You turned and saw Momonga groping her. He looked to you and quickly released her, prompting another sensual gasp.

“I was simply testing something Agamemnon-san!” He said waving his arms until a wave of calm overtook him. He stood and looked over the NPCs. They stood at attention as he raised his arm.

“Sebas, begin scouting the area and ensure Nazarick is where it's supposed to be.” He nodded and took his leave.

“Pleaides, search the floors of Nazarick and make sure there are no intruders.” You added with a nod from Momonga.

“Albedo, tell the floor guardians to gather on the 6th floor in the arena. Bring along the leader of the Deep Ones as well.” Momonga said as he turned to you.

“We shall convene privately, now go.” All of the NPCs filed out to do their respective jobs.

“So was it all you wanted it to be?” You asked once it was just you two. You could tell he was flustered as he coughed nervously.

“Well...I was seeing if I could perform an 18+ action….which it seems I can.” He stammered as a wave of calm once again overtook him.

“I think my Undead nature is keeping my emotions in check.” He said looking to you. You nod and say nothing as it seems you've both come to the same conclusion.

“We've been sucked into Yggdrasil it seems. And we've become our avatars.” Momonga said with a bewildered shake of his head. As much as you hate to admit it, that seemed the most logical conclusion, despite the incredulous circumstances.

“I wonder if my emotions are supressed?” You asked out loud. Momonga got a snide look on his face.

“It's too bad Yamaiko wasn't here with us eh?” He asked as you recoiled in anger.