Part 7: New Beginnings

You had brought Lilith with you to your room. While you had intended to leave today, the events from earlier obviously altered your plans. At first she was unsure how to act in your presence, as she fidgeted uncomfortably.

"Please, be at ease." You offered with a gentle smile. She slowly but surely began relaxing as her body language changed from tight and closed off to a more open appearance.
"So Lilith. Would mind explaining how you got in that...predicament?" She clammed up for a moment, but eventually sighed.

"I was a prostitute….but the nobles treat us like cattle." She stopped as a tear gently cascaded down her face.

"The brothels are lawless lands where owners are happy to turn a blind eye for the right price." Her disgust was palpable as the hatred in her words struck a chord with you.

"I see." Before you could continue, you felt a presence in the room. It slowly crept up behind you and was about to lunge, before you turned around and caught the perpetrator by the face. To your surprise, a woman squirmed in your grasp as she desperately tried to muffle out words. You immediately recognized this person as he maid get up gave her away completely. Her red hair bounces to and fro as she struggled in your grip which you eventually released.

"Lupus Regina…" You said with a sigh as Lilith took note of the new arrival. The battle maid gasped for air once you had released her.

"I'm s-so sorry Agamemnon-sama. I was just playing around!" Despite the damage you would have done had she not been an ally, she still seemed chipper. Almost cute.

"Lilith," you began as she perked up at the sound of her name.

"This is Lupus Regina Beta. You can just call her….Regina" The maid blushed hard, much to your surprise as you decided to use her true name. Lilith nodded in understanding before extending a hand that Regina looked at with confusion.

"Shake." You simply said, which prompted the maid to accept her hand and shake back.

"Good girl." You said as you rubbed the top of her head, illiciting almost a pure out of the werewolf maid. Regina once again turned bright red as she realized this had all taken place in front of a stranger.

"Her name is Lilith, she is my guest." Regina nodded and took a position by your side, almost protectively which brought a smile to your face.

"Before we continue, what would you like to do from here?" Lilith looked genuinely stumped. As far as she was concerned, she was supposed to die today at the hands of that piggish noble. Now, that same noble was up in the corner whimpering to himself like a child who had been scolded by an angry parent.

"I...I'm not sure." She finally said, still obviously confused by her inability to come up with something.

"Would you exact revenge?" You offered with a shrug. She seemed to seriously consider that option before ultimately shaking her head.

"No, I just want to live a safe life." She finally blurted having found what she truly desired. You held your chin in thought before nodding in understanding and rising.

"Very well. I have an offer for you then." She listened intently as you continued.

"I want you to be my liaison to Re Estize. My…representative." You could tell Lupus Regina wanted to protest, but you simply held up a hand which prompted her to remain silent.

"I need a human to be my mouth. They mustn't know my true nature. Is that something you would do for me?" Lilith took a moment to weigh her options.

"I would be safe?" She asked hesitantly to which you nodded.

"Incredibly so." She took only seconds to stand and nod her head.