Part 12: A Test of Will

You sat in an ornate chair, with the blond woman, Tuare, as you had come to know her, sitting in a seat beside you, completely still. Suddenly and violently, the doors burst open, revealing Sebas, holding up a wounded Malmvist. You had instructed the swordsman to fight Sebas, knowing full well he would lose. 

"Please...help...." He choked out, gasping for air. Sebas squeezed tightly, producing a loud snap from Malmvist's neck. He threw the now lifeless body in front of your feet with a thud.

 "There. I've taken out your trash. Now, I'll be taking her with me." He walked forward confidently until you released a loud bellowing laugh. 

"What's so funny?" Sebas asked with a slight twang of annoyance. You stood from your chair and cracked your neck. 

"I'm afraid she'll be going nowhere with you." You got into a basic fighting stance, legs spread shoulder length apart, arms and upper torso in an orthodox boxing stance, which caused Sebas to shake his head in disappointment. 

"I see. I'll make this quick then." Based on his response and pompous attitude, it seemed you had completely duped the butler into thinking you were just some man who ran Six Arms. Another weak human, standing between him and his love. Sebas disappeared for a moment before reappearing in front of you, a swift left jab aimed at your head. You smirked, catching Sebas off guard, as he now realized you had traced his movement entirely. You brought a hand up and caught the punch, muting its impact completely.

 "Odd. That was rather weak. Are you sure you're the one who attacked my Brothel?" Sebas took a step back, but maintained his cool. 

"Hm. It seems I may have underestimated you." Sebas reached up and rolled up his sleeves, obviously taking you seriously now. This time, he came at you with a vicious kick to your mid section. You sidestepped the kick and planted a firm punch directly in his stomach, sending him careening backwards. He landed some twenty feet away, stumbling a bit as he tried to regain his balance. The blow had literally knocked the wind out of him, and only his now somewhat labored breaths gave that away. 

"Come now, you had such bravado earlier. Surely that wasn't just an attempt to intimidate me?" You chided sarcastically. You could tell your words had begun digging into the distinguished butler as he huffed in displeasure. 

"I see." Sebas said, as he now removed his coat entirely. 

"There's no need to treat you like a human. Clearly you are quite monstrous yourself." Sebas let out a deep sigh. Slowly but surely his true draconic nature was revealed. His teeth became sharper, his pupils morphed into a lizard like eye, and his flesh gave way to tough shimmering scales. He breathed out deeply once more, only this time, flames sputtered from the now transformed Butler. He once again disappeared from view, and to your surprise, a fist landed squarely upon your temple. For the first time since you'd come to this world, you felt pain. A dull ache pulsed in your head for a moment before you simply willed life energy to heal the damage. You shook off the surprise and turned to where Sebas now stood. 

"You survived. Impressive." Sebas believed he had the upper hand now, which actually got your blood boiling. How dare he act so cocky to a supreme being. This would be a lesson he wouldn't soon forget. 

"It's time to dispense with pleasantries then." You said coldly as you began walking towards Sebas. The butler lunged forward with a traditional monk strike. 

"Adamantine Skin." You said as the punch collided with your chest. It impacted hard, but much to Sebas' chagrin, his fist began throbbing with pain. He reeled back and held his hand tenderly. It was clear the bones had broken. Sebas whirled around and attempted a roundhouse kick to your head. You slipped under it effortlessly and delivered another devastating blow to his already crippled hand. This time, Sebas shouted in agony as the pain became too much to simply grin and bare.