Part 14: A New King Emerges

By the time you had recollected yourself, it seemed something foul was afoot in Re Estize. You heard a commotion outside of the Six Arms base and made your way towards the hubbub. Out front, a large infantry unit, lead by Gazeff Stronoff, stood, weapons at the ready. Before you could speak, Stronoff stepped forward.

"Agamemnon of the Forgotten Sands...you are hereby under arrest for crimes against Re Estize. As decreed by Princess Renner." Though he was militant in his delivery, he made it obvious that he took no pleasure in this act.

"I suppose you finding me here is enough of a confession." You said with a slight chuckle. The fact that you laughed in the face of this current situation sent a shiver down the soldier's spines. Though you would normally have simply killed them all and been done with this little hiccup, you felt that perhaps you could take advantage of this situation.

"Very well. Apprehend me then." You held up your wrists, much to Stronoff's surprise. He approached you and hesitantly shackled you before leading you to a carriage and loading you in.

"I'm sorry Agamemnon. I wish we could do this another way...but you know full well the power that Eight Fingers has over the kingdom." I nodded in understanding and simply sat quietly until the carriage began moving, pulled by two strong war horses. The trip was shockingly uneventful. You had half expected Regina to slaughter the Soldiers and free you, but chances were, she saw your willingness to cooperate as an order to not interfere. Which in this case, was a spot on assumption. You eventually came to a stop. Stronoff opened the carriage door and escorted you to the royal castle. Once you had entered however, you did not proceed to the dungeon as anticipated. Instead, you were lead directly to Princess Renner in the royal meeting room. The massive double doors were slowly pushed open by Gazef, revealing a long ornate table, with Princess Renner at the head of the table and the rest of the seats occupied by the top brass of Eight Fingers. You were lead to the other end of the table, across from Princess Renner.

"So," the Princess began speaking.

"I am told that you initiated a hostile takeover of Six Arms. Is this true?" She asked with a serious expression.

"Yes your highness. That is completely true." Everyone at the table seemed shocked by your honesty, which brought a content smile to your face.

"Then you admit to espionage and traitorous activity?" You simply laughed before responding.

"Yes. You see, I plan on ruling this nation." The members of Eight Fingers began cackling at your last sentence. They figured you were absolutely mad.

"It does surprise me Princess Renner...how much illegal activity fuels your perfect looking nation...quite intriguing." Princess Renner stood and glared at you.

"Our nation functions as best it can, keeping in mind everyone's interests and desires." You nodded and smirked, causing the Princess to roll her eyes in annoyance.

"If that's the case," you started as you too stood. The guards in the room ran towards you, but were stopped by the Princess holding up a hand.

"I would reccomend allowing me to take control of Re Estize." You finished, illiciting flabbergasted gasps from all in attendance. The Princess looked at you and your shackles and chuckled lightly.

"You don't seem to be in the situation to be making demands." She said in her once again cute and bubbly voice. You simply cackled maniacally and snapped your bindings with ease.

"Surely you're not this foolish Princess?" As you said this, Climb stepped forward and placed a hand on his blade.

"You wouldn't be fooling yourself into thinking you have some sort of upper hand on me because your boy toy Climb, or the great knight Gazef Stronoff are here, would you?" The Princess glanced at you nervously as you began walking towards her. The guards now sprung into action and attempted to gore you with their spears. You turned and snapped the spear tips clean off with a powerful upwards strike. Then, with a precise roundhouse kick, you struck the broke spear heads and sent them careening at the guards. The spear heads embedded themselves in the guard's chests as they both fell to the ground motionless. You continued approaching Princess Renner. Once you had finally gotten within reaching distance of her, Climb lunged forward and struck with his blade through your chest from the back. The blade's tip stuck out of the front of your chest, yet you didn't flinch. You turned to Climb and gripped his throat tightly. He tried, fruitlessly to escape your grasp, but the futility in struggling soon became apparent.