The End

This chapter is dedicated to nita4rever for the awesome cover.

                              ~~~

*》You know when it's time to give up《*

                                ----

I stand at the top and edge of the ten storey building sitting right in the heart of Lagos. It's an abandoned building and no one comes around, making it the best place to complete my plan.

Taking in deep breaths, I look down. The floor looks so far away it's scary. Heights have never been my thing. My palms are clammy, and I'm scared. But my mind's already been made up.

How do I do it?

Do I jump? Or do I just throw myself down?

The tears come to my eyes as I think of my family. My sweet daddy, my stern mother and my two beautiful, little sisters. My chihuahua too, Kelli.

It's no use thinking of them, Sabrina.

They hate me now, anyway.

Quickly, I wipe the tears off my face. It doesn't matter. They wouldn't hate me for long now.

I shuffle closer to the edge.

Ever since I was a little girl of six, my dream was to become a neurosurgeon and help people the best I could.

My mentor - Ben Carson.

Never did I think, never had it crossed my mind, even for once, that this would be a part of my story.

Suicide.

It was so insignificant a thing to me.

Then.

But now, it's the only way.

I look down again. My heartbeat speeds up at the view. If I didn't have a stronger resolve I would have backed down.

Looking up, I stare out into the infamous Lagos traffic.

Right there, in between all the hollering, horn blaring, chaos and traffic jam, does any one know what a girl of nineteen is planning to do?

Does any one realize that, Sabrina Ikeji, the daughter of one of the most famous and prestigious men in the whole of Nigeria, Chief David Ikeji, is about to commit suicide?

No.

But by tomorrow they'll know. By tomorrow they'll all know. Mom, dad...James, Tony.

All of them.

It's time, Sabrina. You have to do it now.

I shuffle even closer to the edge until there's no room left.

You know, when I was ten, someone told me that to commit suicide means letting go of the gift God has given you. The gift of life. Abandoning it.

He told me that it was like your free ticket to Hell.

The thing is, I am already in Hell.

Making up my mind finally, I shut my eyes and take in a deep breath.

Then, I move forward...and let myself go.

_________________________________________________________

Hiya!

So, like I said, I'm explaining foreign words now.

Lagos - It's a state in Nigeria known for its serious traffic jams and for being the home base of pretty much every Nigerian celebrity.

Ikeji - pronounced Ee-kay-Jee

That should be all.

Now head on to the next chapter y'all.

Love, 

Cynthia😆💕