Invasion Of Privacy

This chapter is dedicated to Qhupid_247
for being a superb cover and cast maker 😊

                             ----

>> Heaven hath no fury than a woman's privacy invaded <<

                              ----
"So," Chelsea began, plopping herself on top of the small refrigerator we had in our lodge, "what you're telling me, right now, is that you left your purse back here, boarded a Keke without knowing and ended being harassed by the angry-drunk driver?"

Putting rice into the water boiling in the small pot placed on top of the electric cooker, I turned and looked at her.

"Perfect summary," I told her. "Only the story's not yet over."

"Well, go on," she cajoled, raising her eyebrows.

I turned away from her and opened one of the cupboards fixed permanently on the wall and took out two onions then I got out a knife from another cupboard below.

"So, there I was being harassed by the driver who looked like he thrived on cocaine when this guy walked up to us and said he'd pay for my fee," I continued, slicing into the onions.

It stung my eyes and I had to pause for a while for the pain to recede.

Chelsea dropped down from the fridge, walked over to me and took the knife from my hand.

"How about I do the cooking and you do the talking," she said.

"What? Chelsea Adaeze Levison...cooking? Yup, we're screwed," I said mockingly, wiping my watery eyes.

"You better go on if you don't want a knife buried in your throat," she threatened.

I laughed. "Ka m nukwa (let's see about that)."

I walked over to the refrigerator and, hoisting myself onto it, continued with my story.

"About that guy, you ever seen a guy at school that wears grey contacts, has a weird accent and curly dark hair? Like he's mixed or something?" I asked Chelsea.

"If you're talking about Brian..." she began, looking at me.

I slapped my forehead.

"Of course I'm not talking about your boyfriend."

Brian Johnson was a fourth year, Nigerian-Indian student that Chelsea had been dating since our second year at Afe.

The story of how they ended up together was a really cute one, I had to admit.

Long story short, Chelsea had been played by him, like most seniors on campus do to freshmen or sophomores. When Chelsea found out, she did something most girls didn't do when you found out you just got dumped—walked up to him, right where he was, amidst a gathering of his other senior player friends, despite being a sophomore, and told him point blank that he was dumb and...not good in bed.

You would think that would've made Brian Johnson hate her or something but, just like in some cliche romantic movie (although their relationship is so not cliche), Brian picked up interest in her and that was it.