When She Notices Him

This chapter is dedicated to ifana8 for being an awesome editor and a good friend😉

                              ___

*》You know when it's time to make out time for others《*

                               ----
"Come, this girl, don't waste my time. Don't waste my time o. Pay me my money make I commot this place (let me leave this place)," the Keke driver said angrily.

"Ah ah. Oga (sir) calm down, please," I told him, going through my bag once again in search of my purse.

No way. There was no way I had left it back in my lodge.

I was sure I had put it in my bag.

"Wetin u dey look for there? You dey look for my money? (What are looking for? Are you looking for my money)?" The driver said agitatedly.

"Yes," I muttered, not looking up from my bag.

Suddenly he burst out, "So you no carry money, you come enter my Keke, ehn? Na wetin you dey tell me, ehn (So you don't have money and you entered my keke. Is that what you're telling me)?"

"Hey, hey, please," I retorted, annoyed by his sudden outburst. "Stop shouting, biko (please). A si m gi na anaghi m enye gi ego (Did I tell you I'm not giving you your money)? Please o."

"Whatever you just said na your own business (is your business). Pay me my money make I commot here, heat dey too much (Pay me my money let me leave this place. The heat is too much)," he said, hissed and crossed his arms.

I rummaged through my bag once more and when I couldn't find the purse, realization set in, followed by a fresh wave of sweat on my face.

I wiped the sweat that had gathered under my eyes away and pulled out my phone from my jeans pocket, deciding to call Chelsea.

She could help me out of this situation. And besides, she had gone to classes earlier than I had so I was sure she was in school already.

Amidst looking at the Keke driver, I dialed her number. He eyed me angrily as I put the phone up to my ear.

My heart fell when I heard the operator's voice.

"The number you have dialed is currently switched off. Please try again later."

Apparently, the driver heard it too because almost at once he started his bickering again.

"Hey. Wetin I do (what did I do)? Allah, wetin I do except say I carry girl come school (Allah, what did I do except carry a girl and come to school)? Na why she dey waste my time like this ehh (is that why she's wasting my time like this)?" He lamented, his face turned upward to the roof of his Keke and hands raised as if invoking his gods.

Dramatic much.

Then he fixed his beady yellow eyes on me. "I no go commot here until you give me my full five hundred Naira. You dey hear me? I hope say you dey hear me. Walahi, if na fight you want, I go fight you, I no mind. Wetin I say be make you carry my money give me. I don say my own (I won't leave this place until you give me my full five hundred Naira. Are you hearing me? If you want to fight I will fight you, I don't mind. What I said is give me my money)."