Tony's Girl

This chapter is dedicated to jennzie003 for being a sassy but awesome friend.

                                 ----

"Wakey, wakey, rise and shine, durhling!"

Suddenly, the curtains were yanked open, letting in a stream of sunlight that burned even through my closed eyes.

"Ugh, the light. It burns." I put a palm over my eyes and turned away.

"Come on, Sabrina, get up. We're going out." Chelsea sat on my bed and shook me.

"No," I grumbled. "Why can't I just sleep?"

"You cannot sleep because it's Saturday and it's already ten o'clock, by the way, plus we don't have any lectures all morning and through the afternoon and I wanna take you out," she breathed in one quick rush.

I sat up from the bed grumpily. "But I don't want to go out."

Chelsea gazed at me.

"I just want to lay your mind off some things, you know," she shrugged. "And as of now, I think shopping is the only way."

By things she meant the encounter I'd had three days ago and how I'd spent the night at James's.

Yeah, I'd already told her about it.

I pouted. "Must we?"

She sighed.

"Alright, what do you suggest we do?" she asked.

"I don't know," I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"See?"

"Okay, okay, fine. Shopping it is." I gave up.

"Yes!" She slapped me on my shoulder elatedly.

I stared daggers at her.

"Chill, joor," she laughed. "Okay, you just go take your bath while I make you breakfast."

"Really?" My eyes lit up.

"Yeah," she smiled. "You know, tea, eggs, toast."

Smiling, I held her forearm and pulled her into a hug, patting her back lightly.

"Thanks, baby girl."

I pulled back from her.

She grinned. "Anything for you, Sabrina. I could die for ya, you know. And I don't care if I'm being corny."

I laughed. "And the same goes for me."

I took her right hand in mine and locked our pinky fingers together.

"Always and forever," I smiled. "In Klaus's voice."

She laughed. "Always and forever, in Elijah's."

Then she stood up from my bed.

"Alrighty. I am going," she said, adjusting her flay skirt. "Freshen up quickly."

"Sure," I replied as she walked out the door. "And try not to burn the toast, Chelsea."

I heard her laugh, followed by the clatter of a kettle.

"Or the house," I muttered under my breath as I stood up from the bed.

I brushed my teeth and took a quick bath, then I slipped into baggy tees and jean shorts. When I was done drying my hair, I headed out to breakfast.

By three o'clock in the afternoon, Chelsea was throwing a fringed, white, floral dress at me and telling me to put it one so we could "bail".

And by 3:30, we were at Shoprite, waltzing through the front door like we owned the place.