Denial and a week to her party.

This chapter is dedicated to ahanstasia for all her support on this book. You can also check out her work, The False Facade, and coming from someone who doesn't do romance, it's nice.

                                  ----
It had been a week since Tony and I began chatting on WhatsApp, and, within this week, I had spent hours trying to convince myself that I wasn't falling for Tony Lanre.

But the sad truth was, I was. And I hated the thought of it dearly.

Where was my 'no boys' policy now when I needed it? How could it have bailed on me.

Currently, I sat at my table in my room, hands on head and racking my brain on a way, any way possible and legal, to get rid of these feelings.

I didn't want them.

I didn't want to have any thing to do with them. At all. All I wanted was to focus on the goal ahead. And falling for an unbearably nice and hot guy would definitely not help.

Keyword, not.

I blew a breath through my clenched teeth and ran my pointer fingers over my eyebrows.

Wait a minute, I did not run my fingers over my eyebrows when I'm stressed or just for the sake of it.

"Oh God," I groaned as I realized I'd just done something Tony always did.

And to think I'd also stalked his Instagram page two nights after I'd just started chatting with him.

Chelsea had been right. He was a photographer, and an awesome one at that. I found out it was something he did as a past time.

But that was not the point! The point was that I shouldn't be having this stupid, stupid feelings.

If only, if only I could pull my hormones out of my body, breathe life into them, then whip them senseless, trust me, they'd know better than to plague me with feelings.

Suddenly, my phone, which I had placed beside me before I began my sad brooding, pinged with a message and guess what? I already knew whose it was.

Against my stupid rambling in my head for having feelings for Tony, I actually smiled on reading the message he'd sent me.

The time read 9:00 and I knew he'd just woken up.

As he'd told me, whenever he got back from lectures the first thing he did was sleep to 'blow off some steam' at the stress and calm his mind and brain, because neurology wasn't an easy course and 'if he was ever going to stay sane, that's all he could do'.

Trust me, I could totally relate. In fact, I could more than relate.

I replied the message, smiling sheepishly.

Well what could a girl do? What could a girl do, really, when the head was willing, but not the heart?

We chatted on for almost thirty minutes and as time passed, I could feel myself being pulled deeper and deeper into the pool of falling.

And one thing with Tony was that he knew how to keep a chat going, and had really nice and funny vibes too. Within the thirty minutes of us chatting, I'd spent like twenty laughing my teeth off.

Until he asked whether we could do a video call.

My face fell. Literally.

No, I could not do a video call. I was not up for it. I mean, I looked a mess—my hair being a tangled halo around my face.