Chapter 22

───── ❝𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐)❞ ─────

Karlie Aubrielle

"Are you done?"Hunter suddenly asked when I put the pen down as I also finished signing the documents that he handed me earlier, "Yeah."I mumbled, Hunter sheepishly smiled because of that, before he stood up from his swivel chair grabbing his coat behind him.

 "Shall we?"he then asked, I nodded in response taking my backpack as I followed him heading outside. As we walk around the busy hallways of Adler, Hunter started to tell me stories and even ask me random stuffs, I just couldn't believe that I am so comfortable around him ever since we met in seven eleven. Hunter had this light and angelic vibes that gives me comfort every time I am with him. 

"So? What do you want to eat? I'll treat you."I declared as I sat beside him, "Really? Well, I guess I can't resist that."he chuckled making me smirk for a second. This guy is really sill. "Yeah, after all you accepted me as your club member."I retorted. 

"And my Vice President,"he added, my eyes widen because of his statement making me punch his arm (lightly) "Vice President my ass,"I bleated, Hunter just smirked before he scan through his papers from his backpack and handed me the folder that I signed up earlier. 

"See it yourself,"he mumbled snatching the folder from his grip and rea━━holy━did he just! 

"Too bad you didn't notice the front page and heading. That is the form for that position and it clearly states that you already agreed with terms and conditions as my━Vice."I gasped because of his trick, this guy! 

"Scammer!"I blurted out as I watch him laugh because of his work, "Sorry darling, deal with it."he added grabbing my hand towards the counter. Hunter is quite famous in Adler and I started to notice that ever since we got out of his office, the stares that came from the students that we usually encounter on the hallway up to now in the cafeteria made me a little anxious. It's just━it made me uncomfortable because of their attention not to mention some of them we're too intense like almost telling me to 'get away' from him. 

"Come on, let's go."I got back to my senses when Hunter grab my hand once again, "Don't mind them Karlie, just keep walking."he whispered when he noticed that I was about to let go of his hand. Despite of this uneasy feeling that is lingering around me I tried my very best to shrug my unwanted thoughts and smiled to Hunter before we went out of the cafeteria. Our hands we're still into each other when━━I wanted to swear because of this nervousness I am feeling upon seeing Leonhardth and his group right in front of us. 

"Oh! Hunter!"Ferris greeted Hunter with a smile along with Xact, Adlex, Kevin, and Richard. Leonhardth didn't bother to greet Hunter because he is intensely staring at our hands. I don't have any idea why I am reacting this way but one thing is for sure now, Leonhardth's gaze is telling me something but trouble. 

"Oh, Karlie right?"I slowly remove Hunter's grip from my hand when Kevin asked that question, "Yeah,"I answered back flashing a nervous smile towards them. Damn, I can feel my body tremble because of Leonhardth which is not normal for me to become this tense when someone is staring at me. 

"You know each other?"Hunter asked Kevin, in the other hand Kevin was about to answer Hunter's question when Leon interrupted from his deep baritone voice. 

"She's our blockmate and we belong to one section."he replied. 

"Yeah, Karlie is also a transferee from States and we happened to know her because we almost had the same class except in Psychology subject."Richard added, "Ah I remember she had the same schedule with Leon, they are classmates there."he mumbled, which is true because along with my other blockmates Leon is the only one who had the same schedule as mine in my Psychology class while the others we're in different class.

"How about you Hunter? How did you know her?"Leonhardth asked. 

"Oh that? We met on a mall before, because I bumped into her."Hunter said averting his gaze towards me, I also wanted to ask them how did they know each other when Leonhardth suddenly grab his phone from his pocket and excused himself before he step out from the scene. "Really? I never knew that you guys are friends!"Richard continued.

"We just met recently, I also introduced him to Miho if you remember her."I concluded, Ferris nodded in response smirking. "Oh yeah, we remember her, she's is Lorcan's classmate in P.E!"Adlex blurted out. I was about to answer Adlex when my phone suddenly rang showing an unknown number. My forehead creased because of that, "Excuse me, I just need to answer this."I excuse myself as I slowly back away from them, I went towards the garden and answered the call.

 "Yes hello? This is Karlie."

"Montereal."I don't have any idea who is this caller but his tone seems a little familiar because I already━

"Leon,"it took me seconds before I finally realized that I was talking to Leonhardth, I mean like damn, how? How did he know my phone number? How co━

"What is your connection to Hunter?"I was still holding my phone when someone spoke behind me, I immediately turned around only to find that Leon is now standing right in front of me━close enough to make my knees wobbly from his presence. "I━I━I what are you doing here?"

"Answer my question first."

"Hunter and I we're just friends, we met on the mall and we started to be friends when he approach me on seven eleven just to apologize for the bumping incident."I  wanted to punch myself because of what I have said, I mean, it felt like he is some kind of boyfriend that needs explanation because he caught his woman with another man. Like I was caught red handed! 

Wait what? What the hell what are you thinking Karlie?!

"Is that so?"

"Wait let me ask you something Leon, why are you asking me this questions huh?"I fought back, a smirk slowly appeared from his pinkish lips before he lean forward almost closing the gap between us. 

"Because I already marked my territory and I don't want anyone who will get into my way,"he replied before he left me━dumbfounded. 

Please bear with my typo's and grammatical errors for the mean time, I am so busy at my online class and I needed to rush my paper works before I completely update all at once. Thank you!