Chapter 33// Our Last Goodbye

Matthew is bold. Chloe is the regular font. Everyone else is italics.

Chloe's POV

I put on this cute crop top with flowers and some black jeaned shorts. I tie my white converse and I do my hair. Leaving it down. I then put the bracelet Melissa got me on. I take a quick photo.

 Today is the last day I'm here in New Jersey

Today is the last day I'm here in New Jersey. We packed everything up and most of my stuff is in my family's cars. Except for Charlie's bed, food and water bowl, and a couple of his toys. When it's time to go we will put them in Cole's car.

I look at the painting of Emma. I smile. I hope she likes it. It looks gorgeous. I sit on my bed as I grab my phone. Charlie runs in nudging his head on my leg. I pick him up and I set him on my lap. I scratch the back of his ear. I turn my phone off and I call Fletcher. He answers after two rings.

"Hey, Chloe."

"Hey, Fletcher. I just wanted to thank you so much for giving me a puppy. I appreciate it and it means a lot that you went out of your way to buy everything for him. I promise I'll pay you back." He chuckles.

"Chloe there is no need to pay me back. It was a gift. Not just the puppy but his stuff too." I couldn't help but smile.

"Fletcher you are such a good guy. I'm lucky that you are in my life."

"And I'm glad you are in my life." I start grinning. "Before we all leave. Do you want to meet me at the cafe? We can bring Melissa, Emma, Cole, and Camryn."

"That sounds fun. What time?"

"How about 2?" Oh shit, that's when I have to meet with Matthew. I mean I could ask Matthew to meet at like 4. Yeah, I'll do that.

"Yeah, that sounds great. I'll text them. See you later."

"Alright, Bye." I hang up and Charlie starts barking. I start playing with him. His tail is wagging hella fast. Right, I got to text everyone. I go to Matthew's name.

Me: I have to change the time due to do some important stuff.

Me: Can we meet at 4 instead of 2?

Matthew: Yeah that's fine.

Me: Okay.

I go to the girl's group chat.

Me: Hey girls. Do you want to meet at the Cafe with Fletcher, Cole, and Camryn?

Emma: Of course. I'm down.

Melissa: Hell yeah.

Emma: What time?

Me: 2

Melissa: I'll be there. I can even pick Emma and you up and then we go straight there.

Me: That sounds great.