✿ ~ ᔕI᙭ ~ ✿

"Ugh, what are these things!?" Grell vociferate, looking at the two items in their hands; it was a pair of scissors. You burst out laughing, rolling on the ground. You were laughing so hard that other reapers who passed you eyed you weirdly. "Stop laughing, (Y/N)!" Grell says. "How come you don't get punished but I do?"

After calming yourself down, you regained your composure. "Well, that's because I haven't tampered with human lives," you pointed out. "I only watched from the sidelines, nothing more." Grell crossed their arms and huffed. You shook your head, smiling. "Well, I better get going; I have to take care of today's list." With that, you walked away from the redheaded reaper and back to the human realm.

There wasn't that many deaths so you finished early. Your stomach growled, hinting that you were going to die of hunger if you don't eat soon. Since you were down here, you decided to look for a pastry.

You check your list one more time while walking. You didn't see what was ahead of you which caused you to bump into a broad chest. Hands took hold of your arms since you were about to stumble backwards. "Sorry, I-" you paused when you looked at the person you had bumped into. "Undertaker!"

"Hehe. 'Ello, love," he said, his smile the same as the one before. "I was hoping that we would meet again."

"Why? Is there something you need?" you asked. He shook his head. "Nothing much noting; I simply wanted to have a chat with you. Why don't we go back to my shop?" You nodded subconsciously and followed him back to the grim parlour. However, when you entered, there was a few candles lit up, making it look less grim.

"Why don't you take a seat?" he ushers to one of his coffins. You sat down and watched as he left the room to the back and coming out with tea and biscuits soon after. "Thank you," you said and take the cup.

Now that it was decently lit, you look around the place more carefully. There were many shelves full of jars and books. "Do you like 'em?" he says into your ear. You stiffened up, feeling your heart race. "Oh, did I startle you?" He laughs.

"A bit and yeah, I like the place," you said with a smile. He sat down beside you. "Hm, well now that your master is dead, what are you going to do?" he asked and turn his to you.

You totally forgot about that. "Uh.. I guess I'll go find another job?" you said, unsure of a proper answer. Undertaker's smile grew wider. "Well, how about you work for me?" he suggests. You took a sip of your drink, so when he said that, you kind of spit out the drink.

You wiped your face with the back of your hand and stare at the mortician. "Oh, it's fine," you asserted. You were just tagging along with Grell; who knew that this day would come. "Then, where are you going to work?" he presses on.

You thought about an answer. "Uh, I guess I'll work for another noble family?" you say questionably. "What difference is there for working at a noble's place and here?" he asks, his smile never wavering.

You cursed yourself for showing up that day since now you have to deal with this human. "Y-you're right," you said and avert your eyes from his face. He shot up and look down at you. "Then it is decided, you will work in my shop!" he declares and laughs his strange laugh.

You felt your whole chest drop. Now, you had to act like a human for a while - until he died- and help around his shop. "O-okay then," you hesitantly agreed. You didn't want him to be suspicious of you so there wasn't much you can do but play for a while.

"So, what is your name?" he asked, bringing his face closer to you. "I- I'm (Y/N)," you answered, a feel of heat rushing towards your face at the closeness. "Hm~ How fitting for a beautiful doll," he said. "And those eyes, they are truly beautiful."

"Thank you..?" You just wanted to get out of here and go back to your room. He chuckles and move away from you and you let out a silent sigh of relief. You have never met such a persistent human before in your life and you concluded that this will be much difficult.

~♡~