✿ ~ ᔕI᙭TEEᑎ ~ ✿

He continues to dodge your attacks, never once pulling out his death scythe. His heart shattered when he saw the one he so dearly wanted to protect now completely lost.

The smile he so wanted to protect was gone long ago as you were too angry to think straight anymore. "I hate you! Die, die!" He doesn't want to hurt you so all he could do was avoid your scythe.

Then, you pause, tired out from swinging and your own emotions. He watches you and when he was in front of you again, you raised your scythe but then he disappeared from your sight.

You looked around and then you felt warmth from behind. Before you could process anything, he held your wrists, making you unable to swing your scythe. You gasped at the sudden surprise and dropped your scythe.

He wraps his left arm around your waist as his right hand held yours. He sway around with you in his arms. This was something you two use to do when it was just the two of you around and it always made you smile and giggle.

"(Y/N)," he said, continuing to sway along. "I'm sorry for what I've done. I truly am." He rested his face on top of your head.

"I know I made a huge mistake; leaving you was the most regretful decision I made," he said, his voice breaking a bit. "If I could go back, I would have always made you smile and protect that smile that you lost." Then, a single tear slipped from his eyes but still continued to dance with you; hoping to make you smile like this.

Then, more and more tears escaped. It was the first time you ever seen him cry. "Everyday, I always question myself if what I'm doing is right," he said. "I was infatuated by someone else and didn't see that the one who was always there for me was breaking.."

"I broke you, (Y/N). I broke you.." He smiled sadly. "I'm a selfish man that deserves to die a second time."

"When I saw you, I noticed the shine in your eyes disappeared. I wanted to be selfish and bring it back- both the shine and your smile- even though I was the one who took it from the beginning." He stops dancing and you turned around to face him.

You opened your mouth, but there was too much to say all at once. Then, "I can never bring myself to hate you," you said. "Because it was my choice to love you selfishly without knowing how you felt."

~♡~