✿ ~ ᑎIᑎE ~ ✿

When you awoke, you were greeted with darkness. You stretched your hand outward to only feel wood. You panicked and squirm around until the wood was removed and was greeted by a smiling Undertaker.

"Goodmornin', love," he says and helps you out of the coffin. "Did ya have a nice nap?" You thought about it and answered, "actually, yeah, I did," you admit and smiled. "It has been a long time since I got some proper sleep."

"Hehe, that's good to know," he said. "Sorry if it is slightly bigger; I'll make you one that is perfect for you." You shook your head while waving your hands in front of you. "No, it's alright." You look around and see that it has gotten darker outside. "What time is it?"

"Hehe why, I believe it's quarter to six hehe," he answers. You were surprised that you slept that long. You guessed you were just really tired. "I think you should be going back now hehe," he said and you nodded and left the parlour.

-

"(Y/N)~" A voice sang and soon a familiar redhead leapt from the side, crushing you into their hug. "Grell.. Let.. Go!" You breathed for air.

"Where have you been?" Grell asks once letting you go. "Nowhere, I've been nowhere," you answered. Grell crossed their arms, not buying your excuse. "Tell me the truth, (Y/N)."

You stared right back at the reaper and soon there was a silent eye contest before you eventually gave up and sigh. "I don't need to say anything to you, Grell," you said and walked away from them; leaving them and went to your room.

You flopped on your bed and buried your head in your pillow. You know that William will be calling for you soon since your little break was up.

There was no time of day to rest since that is what being a reaper meant; always busy with collecting souls. If one was unfortunate, they would have a ton loads of work and you mostly get those since most are rookies.

You were busy with collecting souls at night and busy catering to Undertaker during the day. It was nearly impossible and exhausting for you but managed.

Checking the time, you still had a little time left and you were bored so you got up and began looking around your room for something to do to pass the time. You opened your drawers and look through your belongings- mostly papers and pens- and then went diving into your closet. In it, you found something that was from long ago; it was a box full of things you don't quite remember.

You took it out and sat on your bed and remove the lid. Your eyes widened when you saw the stuff inside; there were many things that recalled memories of him. There was a little journal and in it was written about the times spent together because you once wanted to reread it and think back about the fun things you two did together.

When he left, you were too angry and all the stuff around your room reminded of him so you hid them all. Now that years has passed, you forgot about these little things and sadness washed over you when you look at them.

Tucked well in the box was a small box. You grabbed it and open it; in it was the first gift he had given you- a necklace. It was a silver necklace with a single green stone in the middle. You were so happy to have received it from him and you used to wear it every single time.

You checked the time and put the contents back in the box- keeping the necklace with you- and put it on the table.

There was a knock on the door and your turned around to be faced with William with his usual blank face. "William. Never thought the day would come when you would be at my door." You snickered. "What's up?"

-

You found yourself wanting to get the job done already and for the sun to rise. The more you hung around Undertaker, the more you found yourself not wanting to leave his side. So, while you were out collecting souls, you impatiently shuffle around, wanting them to die already.

Today's list, however, was a bit long to your liking and you let a frustrated sigh. You just wanted to go play with your human. Even till now, it seems that God is punishing you twice more than what was said and you only finished your job half past nine.

"Time to get going then," you said to yourself and closed the folder after stamping 'completed assignment' on the last person. It was time for you to take a break and let other reapers do the collecting.

You hopped on the roofs till you got to Undertaker's. When you entered, you see him working on a body. "Hehe, (Y/N), so you came, hehe," he said. You walk over to his side. "Sorry, I-" you paused in the middle of your sentence when you inspected the body.

GRELL!?

Your eyes widened as you stare at the reaper in the coffin. "They got no wounds on 'em; how pathetic," he said with a slight disappointment in his tone. What the bloody hell are they doing in there?

Suddenly, Grell shot up and wrapped their hands around Undertaker's neck. You gasped. "Grell Sutcliff, what on earth are you doing?" you said and pry them off of Undertaker. "(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" they ask and then, as if it clicked, they gasped. "Is this where you are off too all the time?"

"Don't you have a job to do? Why are you here?" you said, avoiding the question. "So you are going here!" they say, dismissing your question. "What are you doing hanging around this pathetic human?" You glared at them. "He is not pathetic!" you defended.

"Hehe, it seems like you two know each other, hehe," Undertaker say, staring at the two of you. "Erm.. Y-yeah, I guess you could say that.." you said, scratching your neck.

"Look here, you! You should fear me for I am a grim reaper!" Grell said, grabbing Undertaker. "Now, take back what you said-" You knocked Grell out and they fell on the ground. "Sorry about them," you apologized.

"Hehe, it's no problem," he said. "I fear no little reaper." You look quizzically at him. "You don't?" you ask and he smile. "Why would I be?" You look down at your feet. Should I tell him?.. No. He must think that Grell is just joking around and might also think of me as weird.

"Ha, of course someone like you would never be scared of such things," you said and look at Grell. "Grell, don't you have places to be as of now?" Grell took the hint. "Hmph. Have fun with your human then," they said and stood up and left the shop. 

You heaved a sigh and sat down on a coffin. "Are you a reaper?" he said, sitting on the right of you. "Wh-what?" You turn to the side. The question came as a surprise; you didn't think he'd actually buy Grell's words. "Are you that superstitious?" you joked.

He smiled. "So what if I am?" he said, his smile never wavering. "Haha.. Grell was just.. Joking.." You avert your eyes away and gave him a dry laugh. Then, you felt his fingers on your hair and you look at what he is doing. You realized that he was braiding strands of your hair.

"Hehe, there," he said and move away. "Just like mine." You look at his hair and see that he, too, has strands of his hair braided. You opened your mouth but nothing came out. You were stupefied and notice his eyes linger on your chest and you also looked down and see what he was looking at; his eyes was lingering on the necklace.

"That's a pretty necklace, hehe," he said. You were on edge. What is he doing? All this.. You stare at him, wondering what this human was doing to you.

It was a long time since you felt love like you did and now, this Undertaker was making you feel it again. Could it be due to the fact he has similarities of the one you use to love? No, you hated him, you reminded yourself.

There was no way..

~♡~