✿ ~ TEᑎ ~ ✿

While you were off collecting souls, your mind wandered off to Undertaker and your former lover. They were similar. It hurt you that both looked alike because Undertaker reminded you of him. It hurt you that Undertaker was there as if he was a reminder that the man left you for someone else. Someone who he would destroy half of the building just to run away to that human.

You hated humans for a long time since that and only saw them as nothing more but dolls with souls that will soon be of no use.

When you were done with your tasks, you took a stroll under the moon's light. You didn't want to go back yet- not when you can't stop thinking about the past. You then stopped in your tracks on a bridge and stare out into the water. The streets was eerily quiet at night, but it didn't matter.

Subconsciously, you wrap your fingers around the necklace's stone. Then, you pull on it, breaking it off from your neck. You stare at the gem as the moon's light reflected on it, memories flooding your mind.

You felt water on your face and you look up at the sky. It wasn't raining but more and more fell and you realized.. You were crying.

You slumped on your knees, bringing the necklace close to your chest as you allow the tears to flow. It has been a long time since you've cried. You never wanted to cry but here you are as you let ugly sobbing be heard to anyone around. "You bastard.." you whispered, choking back your sobs.

Once your tears slowed down by a bit, you stood up and face the edge of the bridge. You look at the necklace one more time before throwing it into the water, letting the water carry it to somewhere else. "You bastard!" You shouted.

"(Y/N)?" You turn to your left and see an all too familiar figure. "What are you doing here?" They walked up to you, expression full of concern.

"Grell.." You wipe your face and smile. "It's nothing; I just wanted to go on a little late night stroll," you said. You brought it that you didn't lie since that was what you were doing; you just didn't tell the full reason.

"Then why do you look like a mess?" Grell can be such a sweetheart at times. "It's nothing," you said, trying to reassure them with a smile. "Let's go back now." They seem to want to say something but just nodded and the two of you left.

Just like the time where you were dancing under the moon, Undertaker was watching from the shadows. He saw how you had cried for the first time- well, first time seeing you cry, though he had a hunch you did the same half a century ago.

It shattered his heart when he saw you at such an unbearable state and it was because of him. Why did he leave? He was infatuated by someone else and didn't see the one who was always smiling from afar.

Selfish, he was.

~♡~