2nd Month: Unplanned Calls & Meals (and Stargazing)

"Yeah. I know. I'm sorry again, Jinyoung. Something came up for that day... I'm not so sure if I can..."

The man on the other line was stating all the inevitable things that would result from Jisoo missing the wedding of their college upperclassmen. Another more important schedule took up the time for the day of the wedding. She was trying to say how she would regret not showing up and basically acting as Jinyoung's date until the smell of coffee reached her nose.

It wasn't like she asked her secretary to serve her coffee in the morning. Nor had Somi ever been told to present her with food too. She stared long at the apparently breakfast on her desk. A bouquet of purple hyacinths with some baby's breath was there too.

"Jinyoung? I have to hang up now."

"Yeah yeah. Okay. But, Soo-yah, I'm still going to change your mind. That was mean. Sending me only a text last night to say you're not going when we've planned this." He chuckled before adding, "I prefer to have you as my partner all the damn time, you know."

"I know." She replied absentmindedly as fingers turned for something to inform her just where the food came from. "Bye now for real."

As soon as Jisoo ended their call, she checked the packed food only to see some sandwich and fruits. The hot coffee smelled like a familiar sweet latte yet the sandwich wasn't her go to order. It doesn't even look like it was bought though it was presentable enough with all its artistic placing.

Somi knocked and entered the room after the CEO buzzed her. "You need something, Miss Jisoo?"

"Who brought this up?"

"Um..."

"This went past you and you don't know who sent it?" Jisoo raised her eyebrow as a frown appeared on her secretary's face. "Take them away. I don't even know where this came from."

"But--"

"But what?"

Somi smiled sheepishly. "Isn't it a shame if you just throw it away? All of them?"

"And what if it's poisoned?"

The younger employee needed nothing else to be said before she took the breakfast away. Jisoo sighed as the extra unusual instance she didn't need in the morning wasn't exactly welcoming. She sat and leaned back on her chair, realizing the smell of coffee still lingers in the room. It had her mouth salivating and though she knew she could just get another cup for herself... Jisoo called out for Somi a second away from the door.

"Yes, Miss Jisoo?"

"Leave the coffee."

"But I thought you said it might be poisoned-- yes, ma'am." The girl caught herself and went back to place the cup on the latter's desk. "I think it's your favorite coffee too."

"I know I can smell it. Avocado sandwiches though... are not my thing."

Jisoo smiled despite saying the words with a hint of sarcasm. The look of relief could easily be seen from the younger one. When Somi excused herself, it was only then that the CEO noticed some weird heart like shaped with a smiley face and three legs drawn on the side of the cup. It was oddly not so disturbing... and cute.

She simply ignored it as she sipped the coffee, automatically having just the boost she needed for the day. She thought that if there was a way Jinyoung would keep trying to convince her... he should've done it with coffee alone. Jisoo doesn't need much food to keep her going anyway.

"Well, at least it's not poisoned..." she muttered to no one but herself.

She decided not to have the bouquet removed. Purple's her favorite color after all. She sips her coffee admitting to herself she should get flowers lift up the mood in a stoic office.