7th Month: Sharing Rooms & Heartbreaks (and Feelings)

Kim Jisoo isn't one to be easily caught off guard. Anyone working for and with her is aware of that. It'll take a whole deal of someone doing the extremes to have her perfect even eyebrows to be knitted or raised.

The sight that welcomed her in her own office though... let's say it's one which elicits a blown away expression that even Somi is shocked about.

"What... is all this?" She asked as her eyes regard the big changes inside the four walls.

"A token of appreciation was stated in the card, Ms. Kim. Sorry, I meant cards."

"I don't remember saving someone's business or their whole family line to be given flowers." The CEO turns to face her secretary with a look of amazement. With her hands on her waist, she continued, "or did my office turn into some kind of funeral home overnight to have this much flowers sent here?"

The younger girl presses her lips together to prevent a laugh from escaping. What Jisoo said sounded like a joke if only she didn't say them with much seriousness. Or if only her office isn't exactly a perfect example of the consequence of all those things she thought about.

The flowers vary from their kind, colors and presentations. Some are arranged in bouquets, some are put into cute pots and some are how one would send to a grand opening of a business. Workers of JND who pass their CEO's office might think it's already a flower shop.

An incoming call distracts Jisoo from ordering Somi what to do. She asks for some privacy before answering. Her fingers are pinching the bridge of her nose as she's connected with the person she's sure is the cause of an early problem.

"Did you get it?" Jennie asked in greeting with much cheer.

"It? I think you mean them."

"I know. I know what you're going to say. That I went overboard and I'm awesome for it."

Jisoo smiles despite the urge to berate the other CEO. "The last part shouldn't be included, I think."

"How could you?!" She gasped exaggeratedly. "My best friend went all out and you're being like this."

"I pity your best friend. She must've been held at gunpoint."

"There's no such thing. Though I do remember threatening her with food..."

"That's mean." Jisoo chuckled as she shook her head. She sat at her chair which may have dodge the room's new occupants just by a few meters. "What do you expect me to do with all these flowers, Jennie?"

"Don't you like them?" Jennie asked and Jisoo could imagine her pout and cute face along with it.

"I've told you I prefer trees more, right?"

"Which is why I also donated on a particular foundation in charge of planting more trees." She replied in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

"Wow. Jennie Kim an environmentalist too."

"That's true. But also a Jisootalist too."

Jisoo lets out a groan at what the other girl must've thought was a smart come back. Surely, she would've cringed when she hears something like that from someone else but this came from Jennie. No matter how annoying and how much the latter tries to get on her nerves to the point of succeeding, Jisoo can't simply find it in her to snap. Jennie's too cute for her own good... and for Jisoo's as well.

"What are they for anyway? You've already wasted a lot of money on me."

"Excuse you, I didn't waste money. They're investments."

"Investments? Really now?"

"Because I'm pretty much invested in you for the long run, Ms. Kim."