3rd Month: Discoveries & Denials (and Dates)

It could've been worse.

Jisoo assures herself that there's nothing absolutely wrong. She's been fretting like a student over a thesis defense which should not even be the case for her. She chances a peek at her phone, expecting it to blow up from news and gossips updates, despite not being into the latter, just to make sure her name isn't scattered everywhere.

That's not the horrible part of her worries though.

There is a part of her that thinks of Jennie exposing her sexuality thereby sabotaging her when she shared that piece of information. They shared a moment, Jisoo showed her vulnerability and it makes cold sweat run down her neck whenever she thinks of Jennie plotting something against her. They hate each other after all, at least that's what she's sure of. The brunette would be carrying out a low move but the list of things they do to get back at each other don't exactly leave revenge out of the options.

She hates having that thought as much as she hates the fact that the younger girl went radio silent since that night. She presumes Jennie has a couple of words to say to her whether filled with niceties or teasing innuendo. You'd think she would've bugged Jisoo the first chance she gets but no. Everything that had to be taken care of, business wise and for the launch of Jennie's brand, is all handled by Nayeon.

Jisoo rang up her own secretary and was answered by the second ring. "Do I have any appointments left?"

"There's just one but that's all paperwork. It would be sent in two hours and you just need to sign it, Ms. Kim."

"There's no rush for that, right?"

"Yes," Somi paused, "is there a change of plans for today that I don't know about, Ms. Kim?"

The CEO takes a gulp and finds herself biting on her bottom lip. A few seconds have her finally deciding what to do because this is all starting to make her feel stupid and small. She is not a fretful teenager but a CEO chartered with a sense of calmness and control.

"Just have it delivered to my house. I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off."

She wets her lips and she knows the other girl is waiting for further instructions. She never cancels the rest of her day without some more important things to attend to. She debates with herself again before reminding herself it's better to know exactly what's up, not that she's also worried for the latter vanishing on her.

"And please send me the address of Ms. Jennie Kim. Thank you."

***

Jennie plans to sleep the whole day away literally, unless her dogs wake her up for food. Her body feels heavy, her throat itchy and she definitely caught the flu as her heat creeps onto her pillow. She loathes to miss out three business days but she'd be more burdensome to walk around in her building trying to bear with her stilettos. Especially when she's 24/7 hoarding the comforter in her oversized sweatshirt and sweats she changed into the night before, satisfied to sleep off into another decade.

She wishes she could say the same about Kuma. The brown pomeranian is wagging his tail at the muffled sound of her doorbell as Jennie cocoons herself. She feels Kai's long stare at her as if urging her to open the door too. As if she's in any state to even stand up.

The sound repeats and if she could honestly will it to go away, Jennie did it with much fervor.

Instead, she finds herself staggering her way towards the front door of her apartment. Two dogs in her tow tempting her to chastise Kuma from being excited for whoever it is that disturbed Jennie from recuperating. She didn't even bother to check who it is because she could count in one hand the people aware of the state she's in. It's either Nayeon or Chaeyoung.