Kakyoin Creams for Ice Cream

On the corner of Main St, next to the hardware store and postal office, was a small ice cream shop: The Frozen Spoon. It was a hot spot (or cold spot) for students and families looking for something sweet.

A certain red haired student was a regular customer, though not just for the ice cream.

Kakyoin had noticed it one day walking back from his university. The small shop glowed with newness: posters of ice cream flavors pasted on the windows, hordes of customers at the doors trying to squeeze themselves in to be next in line.

Kakyoin decided to try it out. It was hot outside, his shirt sticking uncomfortably to his sweaty back. A refreshing cone of ice cream sounded heavenly.

Kakyoin's mouth watered as he got in line. A customer passed him, licking up ice cream that dripped between his fingers. If Kakyoin wasn't mistaken, he was a fellow student in his art class. There was no doubt that The Frozen Spoon would become popular with his peers.

Once he moved inside the shop, he admired the cool color scheme and bright, attractive signs. Classical music played from hidden speakers while a water fountain burbled in the corner. The dark hardwood floor and frothy green plants created an earthy, comfortable atmosphere, and Kakyoin felt calm.

"Next!" a voice called out from behind the counter.

When he saw your face, he was immediately infatuated with your beauty.

You wore a pair of simple jeans and a cardigan covered by a stained apron. But what caught his eye was how you moved, fast and precise, wasting no time as you filled out orders. Loose strands of h/c hair framed your striking face perfectly. Your expression was mirthful as you gave a boy his ice cream, giggling when it dripped down his chin. You took a handkerchief and helped him wipe it up, letting the little guy give you a hug before he left.

Once you made eye contact with Kakyoin, he looked away, realizing he'd been staring.

Kakyoin moved forward as the little boy and his mother left. The bell chimed above the door, a twinkling, cheery sound.

"Hi! How may I help you today?" you asked cheerily. Kakyoin looked to your name tag. Y/n.

"Sir?"

Kakyoin snapped out of his trance and looked a little irritated. "Sorry, trying to figure out what I wanted."

"Oh yes! Take your time!"

"Hmph," Kakyoin said, but inside, he felt badly. Kakyoin scanned the menu carefully, choosing his flavor and type of cone. You cleared your voice politely. "You may want to hurry, though."

Kakyoin followed your gaze towards the ever growing line. Children were becoming fussy and some college students were outright glaring at him. "Move it, pal."

"Forgive me," he apologized, trying to choose a flavor quickly. "I'll take the cherry flavor in a sugar cone. Cherry on top, two scoops please."

You dashed to complete his order.

Kakyoin had made it a habit to come to the small shop after his classes. He wasn't keen on getting diabetes, so he had to go to the gym more often [if Rohan were alive then, they'd be racing it out on treadmills lol], but it was worth seeing your face. Especially when you began remembering his order, remembering his face.

Kakyoin loved it when a few strands of hair escaped your updo. The hairs would tickle your neck and, one time, he almost tucked it in.

After a month or so of visiting your shop, he decided to start a conversation.

It was a quiet Monday afternoon, the rain outside dissuading any sweet-toothed customers. Everyone other than Kakyoin. You took his usual order and handed him his ice cream with a smile. "There you are."