4. Serial Killer

2 weeks passed. Sumedh was taking care of his Jaanu Miku and his little angel.
"Eat a little more Jaanu. Just a little. You see, you only ate half a chapati. How is this enough for both you and my mottu, sweetie, cutie pie, baby, my little angel?"

"Ooi" Mallika pretends as if she's angry at him.

"Why?😐"

"You used to call me with all these cute names, now suddenly you calling your baby with them?" She took Sumedh's hands into hers and looked at him with a puppy face. She innocently asks me, "Sumi, will your love for me fade once our baby is born?"

Sumedh laughed. "Jaanu? Why does such doubt arise? Listen Miku! When no one was with me, you came into my life. You care for me like a Mother, scold me like a father, fight for silly things with me like a Brother, advise me like a sister, always been with me like a best friend, and Loved Me More than Anything. You're the first relation I got in my life since I was born. How would my love for you fade? Remember baby, you're always my first child. Then only anyone.." Sumedh kissed her forehead.
" Now eat" He stuffed a small piece of a chapati into her mouth.

"Sumedh!" Basant called him. "Did you watch the news?"

"No why?" Sumedh asked while feeding Miku.

"Another day, another girl. A girl called Mallika Sengupta is missing."

Sumedh shut his eyes tightly in disappointment. He can't help but feel bad for those girls. These are all pre-planned. They can't even catch him. Sumedh left to investigate their parents.

Around 9 in the night, Sumedh came with a bloodstain on his grey shirt. "Sumedh, what happened? Bloodstain on your shirt? Are you alright? " Mallika asked worriedly.

"Nothing Mallika. It's just because of the investigation."

"Baby I miss you.." Mallika hugged him.

"ME TOO"
_________________________________________
Mallika was cutting some vegetables, suddenly he cut her finger.
"Ahhhhhhhh" she groaned.

"Kya Hua?" Sumedh asked

"I accidentally cut my finger. It's bleeding"

"What? Bleeding?" Sumedh quickly went to her. He took her finger. At once, he licked the blood. He looked strong. Now he began to suck the blood that formed at the wound.

"Sumedh, what are you doing? It's gross!" Mallika said disgustingly. Sumedh ignored. He sucked more and more blood. Mallika felt numb in her hand. "Sumedh leave me. My hand is paining. It's becoming numb." He still didn't react. Mallika used her right hand to push him away. Thank god she's strong enough to push him with one hand.

Sumedh roared. He has never been like this before. He flung his hand to slap her. Mallika felt like her whole life has been a lie. Tears roll down her cheeks. Why is her husband behaving strangely? Does he tend to slap her for the first time? He loves non-veg nowadays. Why? While this thought was in her mind and before Sumedh could slap her, suddenly, some knocked on the door loudly.

Sumedh disappeared. Mallika understands that it's not Sumedh. She quickly ran to the door, wiped her tears, and forced a smile on her face. She opened the door.

"Sumedh" once looking at him, a sob escaped from her mouth. She kneeled while crying terribly. Sumedh who had just come home was worried about his pregnant wife.

He makes her stand and leans her on his chest. "Miku Kya Hua baby? Why are you crying?"

"Su... Sum... Sumedh... He came to a aa again. He sucked my blood" Mallika showed her hand to him. Sumedh realized that what she told is not false. Her hand was blue-black. He also saw the wound and teeth mark on her finger.