8. Revealed

The next morning, Basant and Mounika went to report Mallika's sudden disappearance. Basant confessed his doubt that the reason behind Mallika's missing should be the serial killer. He is trying to prove that Sumedh isn't the serial killer because he is in jail now. How could he kidnap her? And why on earth will he kidnap his own wife? These questions of Basant and Mounika seem to be logical, the police thought.

So, they took this case seriously. The police investigated the doctor that was appointed for Mallika's checkup to check whether Sumedh really accompanies Mallika that night to the hospital. Mrs. Sharma, the chief Doctor of the hospital, assured them that Sumedh came with Mallika. She even showed them the CCTV footage in her room, registration counter, and entrance. All the footage shows that Sumedh was with Mallika the whole night. But what Aakash saw and heard wasn't false. He clearly saw Sumedh and he himself says his name.

"But, why would he expose him for the first time with his name and that too when he knows that the CBI officers and polices are in charge there? He is not that dumb!" Mounika literally shouted. Basant patted her shoulder.

Aakash got the point. He remembered Sumedh saying that Mallika complained about a person disturbing her in her house, and that person looks the same as Sumedh! "I think it's my mistake! We never give him a chance to prove himself. When Sumedh is here in the hospital, then how would he kill the girl. It must be someone with a mask I guess... Let's get the CCTV footage of the hospital where Mallika was admitted the day she has gone missing."

"But on that day, the electrical supply was stopped for some minutes. I don't even think that CCTV would've worked." Basant said.

"But Basant! I... I saw the lights in street were still on. And there was a CCTV at the opposite bust stop. We might check there!" Mounika suggested. When it comes to Sumellika, Basant and Mouni never give up. Although they were not their own brother and sister, Sumellika had helped them a lot. They need to help them when they are in a problem.

As per Mounika's idea, they checked the CCTV footage at the bus stop. They were stunned to watch the scene. Someone was dragging Mallika by her hair. But it seems like she was unconscious. The person dragged her and put her in a sack! Yes, that sack! All the missing girls were found in that type of sack. Then, he carried her put on his shoulder and disappeared suddenly.

"My God!" Everyone dropped their jaw. Mounika was. Trembling in fear. The person wasn't looking like a man. He is something else. He was ugly and horrible. Who is he? A monster? A werewolf? Or a vampire? Maybe a spirit? What was he?
______________________________________
Sumedh was sitting in the prison with moist eyes. He misses his wife a lot.

"How is she? Did she eat something? She won't eat if I'm not around! If she didn't eat, how would she eat her tablets? What about my child? I left both my wife and child to suffer! What an irresponsible husband and father I am!? I want to see her badly... What if she gave up on me? Impossible, she will. never do that! She knows that I have no one except her and our child now. Please, God! Keep them both safe! Keep Day and Bhabi safe too!" Sumedh was talking to himself.

"Mr.Sumedh! Chief Police is calling you, please follow me!" A constable suddenly came calling him with much more respect than before. Sumedh followed him.

"Mr.Sumedh, we apologize for the way we treated you! We've got some evidence that you didn't commit these crimes. So, for now, we are releasing you, but you still have to come to the police station whenever we call you. And most importantly you can leave this state and country until the case is completely closed." The police said while returning his attires and gadgets.

"What about the cases now? What is going on now sir?"

"Unfortunately, another is missing. It's been 3 days since she was absent. We will try our best to find her. You may go now, sir"