nine

As Harry sticks his hand in his front pocket, he fishes around for the keys to the store. It's the next morning and he's opening with the owner, Chester. Once he feels the lanyard the keys are attached to, he pulls them out and unlocks the entrance. He's the first to arrive, so he flicks on the light and locks the door behind him. Harry is clocking in when he hears Chester enter a few minutes later.

"Good morning, Harry," He breathes out.

Harry turns to smile at him, "Morning, Chester. How are you doing?"

"I'm surviving," He huffs.

"I have good news! I found someone to hire," Harry announces as he logs into the till to open it for the day.

Once Harry was certain about hiring Niall, he couldn't wait to share it with Chester. He believes the lad will make a great addition to the store and he hopes the owner will also agree. Harry has never been more certain about anything in his life and he knew as soon as Niall started playing the guitar that he would be a perfect fit. Not only would he be helping the store, he's also helping Niall expand his passion and hopefully assist him with his financial struggles at the same time.

"Tell me about them," Chester says.

"His name is Niall and I met him about a month ago. He's amazing at playing the guitar and he's got a great voice as well. Oh, and he can also play any song just by hearing the chords. You have to meet him. I was thinking he would be good as a guitar instructor," Harry explains.

Chester smiles at the sound of Harry's excitement, "See if he can come in today. You can go through the paperwork with him and have him sign everything. I'd like to hear the bloke play as well, but as reliable as you are, I'm sure he's just as talented as you make him out to be."

"That sounds great sir, I'll text him right away," Harry replies.

"Oh, remind me tomorrow to go over a few things with you. I have to prepare you soon on what it takes to be the owner. You know how to run the store, but there's still a few legal implications you need to learn about before I leave," He mentions.

Harry nods in understanding, but feels a mix of emotions run through him. It'll feel weird to him when he's officially been made the owner and he won't see Chester as much anymore. He's basically been his mentor for the last five years since he started working and he's taught him most of what he knows. Chester helped Harry learn the piano and gave him so many life tips. Although it will mean his career will advance, it's only possible since Chester is retiring. He's definitely going to miss the old man.

Harry notifies Chester that he's going into the office to make signs for the guitar lessons. He simply nods as he flips the closed sign to open and hangs back behind the counter, waiting for customers to arrive. After Harry sits down on the office chair, he pulls out his phone to text Niall. He doesn't have to worry about being scolded since he knows Chester won't go into the back while he's the only one in the front, and plus he was told to ask him to come in anyway.

After he texted Niall asking him to come in, he places his phone on the desk beside him and logs into the computer. Before he opens their graphic design software, he decides to print out the new hire forms first for when Niall comes in. Harry feels proud of himself with how far he's come. This is the first time he's handling the process of hiring and knows he's well prepared for it. Harry spins around in his chair as he retrieves the paperwork from the printer behind him.

He hears his phone vibrate on the desk and sees Niall is calling him. Harry smiles as he answers.

"Hey, Niall," He says.

"Hi! I don't go into work until two, I can stop by before I go in. Does that work okay?" Niall asks.

"Yea, that works great. Bring your guitar with you, Chester wants to hear you play," Harry responds.

got to get you into my life ➥ narryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें