Chapter 17

"Chuuyaaaa, Chuuyaaaaaaa, I want to watch TV," Dazai was kneeling on the sofa, peering over the back and bouncing up and down as Chuuya sat at his desk trying to work.

"No, Dazai, the TV stops me concentrating on my work. If you shut up and read for a couple of hours then I can finish my work quicker,"

"But I wanna watch TV noooowwwwww,"

"You can't. I need to work,"

"Then go somewhere else so I can watch," Dazai pouted and stopped bouncing.

"And leave you on your own in my apartment? No chance."

"....fine." Dazai stood up and started singing out of tune and dancing around the apartment. "Chuuya's a meanie! Chuuya's a meanie! Na na nana na~ Chuuya's a meanie!"

Chuuya almost snapped his pen in half, but instead kept his composure long enough to snatch Dazai as he pranced past. "Fine you little pest, I'll take you somewhere else."

"Eeeeh? Why can't I stay here with you?"

"Because you're disturbing me, obviously," Chuuya scowled and dragged Dazai out of the door, wondering who he'd be able to dump Dazai on.

"But it's only because you won't let me watch TV!"

"And that's the whole point." Chuuya continued dragging Dazai through the corridors until he reached Akutagawa's office. "Here, I'm sure your favourite ex-subordinate would love you to spend some time with him,"

Akutagawa's head shot up as Chuuya kicked the door open, managing not to damage anything as he did so. "Chuuya, sir? Is everything ok?"

"Yup, as long as this pest doesn't enter my sight again until I finish my work for the day."

Dazai was unceremoniously dumped on the floor and then Chuuya was gone, leaving a bewildered Akutagawa and a happy Dazai alone in the office.

"Mr Akutagawa?"

"Um...y-yes, Dazai?"

"Can I watch TV?"

                                    ---

Five hours later, Chuuya put his pen down and stretched, smiling happily to himself and thinking how lucky he was to finally have a work-free evening. Then he remembered Dazai wasn't completely gone from his life and the smile disappeared.

"Glass of wine and paracetamol it is then..." He stated to no one in particular and went to pick Dazai up.

Dazai was sat quietly on a chair watching TV while Akutagawa was quietly working in a corner when Chuuya entered the room.

"Oh wow, now I'm just offended. You behave with Akutagawa but not me?"

"Akutagawa lets me watch TV," Dazai replied without looking away from the screen.

"Huh...still as snarky as ever. Should have had that knocked out of you too," He walked over to Akutagawa's desk. "Managed to get anything done?"

"Oh I don't mind some background noise when I work, so there was no issue, sir,"

"Oh really?" Chuuya grinned. "Then Dazai can spend every day with you and I can have some proper peace and quiet~"

"I get to stay with Akutagawa every day?!" Dazai's face looked so happy Chuuya was worried Akutagawa would keel over again from over-exposure to kindness and appreciation.

"Only if you stop being a pest, now let's go so Akutagawa can finish his work,"

"Aww, but Akutagawa is fun..."