Chapter 19

Chuuya sighed contently as he lounged in his chair, sipping at one of his more expensive wines. He could still hear people rushing around outside, but that was of no concern to him now that he was safely in his room. But, as always, that was never to last as he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in, it's unlocked,"

"Ah, there you are, we'd heard you'd returned from your mission and thought it might be best to bring Dazai to see-"

"CHHHUUUUUYYYYYAAAAAAAAA!!!" The moment Dazai caught a glimpse of Chuuya he dashed through the door and, quite literally, leapt onto Chuuya, toppling the chair and sending them both sprawling on the floor. The wine, somehow, was untouched.

"Dammit, Dazai the hell do you think you're doing leaping at me like that I could have broken my neck you complete idiot!"

There was a moment of shoving and scuffling as Chuuya tried desperately to squeeze out from under Dazai and remove the hands clinging to him. The lady who had brought Dazai stood patiently until Chuuya was on his feet again.

"Before I leave, I've been asked to tell you that the Boss would like to see you, but that you're free to catch up with Dazai first so you can come alone."

"Ah, right, of course, thank you," Chuuya nodded and the lady left, shutting the door behind her. "Seriously, Dazai you couldn't wait ten seconds for her to leave?!"

"But...I missed you..." Dazai scuffed his feet against the floor and looked down, looking altogether too sorry for himself.

"And what the hell did you do to cause a fire?"

"...tried to bake you a cake..." He mumbled.

"Because you missed me?"

Dazai nodded and Chuuya could just see his blanket in his folded hands behind his back. He looked awfully small as he stood there looking down at his feet, and Chuuya gave in. "...I suppose I missed you too, dumbass." He said with a sigh. "Come on, why don't we sit down and you can tell me about your week, hm?"

Dazai smiled widely and immediately dashed over to the table and picked up his pile of drawings. "Look look! I drew these for you!

Chuuya sat down on the sofa and let Dazai show him everything he'd done. Almost every picture involved the both of them together, sometimes featuring other members of the Port Mafia and even some of the ADA members as well. They weren't artistic masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination, but they were certainly better drawn than the last time Dazai spent time with Elise.

"You've gotten a lot better at drawing, haven't you Dazai?" Chuuya said once they'd gone through all the pictures, picking one of them up again. "Especially this one, did you copy it from somewhere?"

"Oh, that one I copied from a photograph Mori gave me. I was running out of ideas so he gave it to me to copy from."

"Did...he tell you anything about the photograph?"

Dazai shook his head. "Nope,"

"Can you remember anything about it?"

Dazai shook his head again. "Why? Is it important? For my memories or something?"

"Well, this photo was taken after our first successful mission together. It was a pretty big moment for the both of us."

"Wow really?!" Dazai looked at his drawing again with a smile. "That's so cool! Will we get to go on missions again?!"

"Ah...well, I don't think so..."

"Huuuh? Why not? I wanna go on missions with you, Chuuya!" Dazai pouted and looked at him disappointedly.