Chapter 7

Shinobu had envisioned her graduation to be emotional. Maybe a few hugs here and there, a peaceful photo taking session with the teachers and her juniors. Just like her sisters graduation.

However, that was not the case when she had these idiots as her juniors.

"One, two, three!" The camera had flashed brightly onto their faces once the button was pressed.

"What th- What was that?! Are you asking for a fight Monitsu?!" a certain boy had shouted while charging at the one who was taking the picture. "Wh-What?! No! That's meant to happen! its a camera! cam-e-ra! dumbass!" The blonde said while running away.

"These two..." Shinobu said while facepalming, her veins showing on her forehead. "Will they ever grow up?!" she seethed.

"I'm sorry for their behavior Shinobu-san!" Tanjiro said apologetically while bowing, "I'll go get them!" He says loudly while saluting and left.

Shinobu looks at Tanjiro's retreating figure with a sigh, she turns around to walk towards Kanao but before she could even take a step, she was engulfed in a bear-crushing hug.

"My little sister is all grown up!" The person wailed loudly while hugging Shinobu. "N-nee-san, you're crushing me."

Kanae immediately softens her her hold on her and pulls her out a little while staring at her with a sad smile. "I'll miss you alot Shinobu." she said softly.

"Miss her for what?" a deep voice coming from beside them had suddenly said.

"Oh, Tomioka-san!" Kanae says in surprise as she turns to look at him, removing her hold on Shinobu. "You look handsome today!" she complimented.

"Why would you miss her? Aren't the two of you living together?" he asks again, ignoring her compliment.

"Ah... About that..." Kanae trails off, "Shinobu you haven't told him?" she asks in surprise while turning to look at Shinobu.

"No... I got too caught up yesterday, I'm sorry I forgot." Shinobu replies quietly with her eyes downcast. "Yesterday? Did something happend yesterday?" Kanae asks while looking at Shinobu curiously, though she the only reply she received was silence.

"Oh well... Tomioka-san, This is something Shinobu would have to tell you herself." Kanae says as she pushes them towards the exit which led to the back of the school.

Once they had reached their destination, Kanae left them on their own, saying that she needed to talk to Sanemi.

"So, what is it Kocho?" Giyuu started, "Why was Kanae saying that she'll miss you?" he says while stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I..." she trails off, her eyes still downcasted as she shuffles her feet on the ground nervously.

A few moments afterwards, Shinobu gains the courage and looks at him straight in the eye with her fist clenched at her sides.

"I couldn't tell you this yesterday, because, like I said just now, I had forgotten about it because I got too caught up with what happend between us yesterday." she pauses before continuing.

"I got accepted by my university of choice two days ago and I'll be studying there." she says with a smile. Giyuu looks at her with a raised brow, "And what does that have to do with Kanae saying she'll miss you?" he asks curiously.

"About that..." she trails off, staying silent for a while. "The university I'll be going to is far away from here. Meaning that I'll be staying there for a while." she says softly as she looks at him with a sad smile.

"How long? And when are you leaving?" he asks quietly

"I'll be gone for Five years. And I'll be leaving in a week." she says quietly, her eyes were downcasted once again as she refuses to meet his gaze, not wanting to see his reaction.