Chapter 10

The wedding had made her a emotional. For some reason, watching her sister walk up the aisle towards the altar made her tears fall uncontrollablly.

She was really glad that Giyuu was right beside her, rubbing her back soothingly as a means to comfort her while handing her a handkerchief to wipe her tears which she gladly accepts.

Turning to look at her left, she watched as her parents cry even more than she does. The both of them were hugging each other, whispering words of comfort to one another.

Kanao though, she was trying her best to comfort their parents, trying her best not to cry as well.

Shinobu turns to look back at Kanae who was now saying her vows. Kanae had absolutely looked stunning today, she thought to herself.

"You may now kiss the bride." the wedding officiant said to Sanemi who immediately brings Kanae into a kiss as the wedding guests clapped loudly, shouting their congratulations to them.

~~~

Everything was in a mess right now. There were tons of people gathering around Kanae, waiting for her to toss the bouquet of flowers she had into the air.

Shinobu smiled at the scene infront of her, wondering who would catch it, though she looked like she didn't care whoever caught it in the outside, she was silently rooting for Mitsuri to catch it in the inside.

She watched as her sister raised the bouquet of flowers up in the air, expecting her to throw it.

But instead, Kanae had walked up to her, handing her the bouquet with a smile. "You're next." she whispered to Shinobu, her smile widening.

Shinobu looks down at the bouquet of flowers which was handed to her, with a raised brow, she looks back up at her sister. "Aren't you supposed to throw it instead?" she asked while tilting her head to the side in a confused manner.

Kanae continues to smile as she shook her head. "Without a doubt, you're next, Shinobu." she says while bringing her into a hug.

"What?" Shinobu asks, still confused.

Kanae removes herself from the hug before Shinobu could return it, pointing at something behind her.

Shinobu turns to look at where Kanae had pointed. There was Giyuu who was standing at where Kanae had pointed as he  looked back at Shinobu, making eye contact with her.

"Follow him." Kanae quietly instructed while pushing her towards Giyuu.

"What's up with this?" Shinobu asked, greatly confused with Kanae's actions once they had reached there.

Giyuu offers her a hand which she accepts with great confusion. "Its a secret." he answered while taking the bouquet of flowers away from her.

~~~

She looks around the area in confusion. "Why are we here?" she asks while walking up towards a tree, her face turning slightly red as she re-reads the words which she had carved onto the tree back when she was young.

'This is really embarrassing.' she thinks to herself while bringing her fingers towards the carved words, more specifically, Giyuu's signature below it.

Giyuu clears his throat to get her attention, "Kochou." he starts. "What is it?" she replies before turning her body to fully face him.

"Im sorry." he whispers quietly, his head bowing down to look at the ground beneath them.

"For what?" she asks with great confusion, "You've done nothing wrong." she walks up to him and caresses his cheeks with a frown.

"I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore."