The Project

"All right class we are going to do something a little different for creative writing today," Mrs. York said to the class. "We are going to partner up and write a story with your partner. I will pick the partners." 

Everyone groaned at this but I did not mind who was my partner. I was spaced out until I heard my name. 

"Bree and Conner will be partners."

I looked over at Conner he was red like really red. Oh my gosh I am partners with Conner. Why is this like the best news ever?

"You have a week to finish this. This is homework so you can not do it here so you have to do it either at your's or there's house,"  Mrs York instructed the class.

"So when do you think we should do are project," said a voice behind me when I was about to leave the classroom, it was Conner.

"Um are you free tonight?" I asked him.

"Yeah how about you come over after school," he asked me. "You can walk home with my sister and me."

"Okay I will ask my Mom," I said.

After a few seconds of what seemed like ages my mom finally said it was okay for me to come over.

"Yeah she said it was okay for me to come over. Meet me at the entrance of school after school?" I asked him.

"Sure I got to go bye," he said.

"Bye," I said.

I remind my self to breath. I was going to do a project not get married. Wow I really need to see a doctor about this.

I walked to the entrance of school after class. I saw Conner and Alex waiting for me they were talk loudly so I could her a little of what they were saying.

"Why is Bree coming over you know that have other girls at the house makes me uncomfortable. What if she makes fun of me?" Alex asked.

"She is just coming over to do a project. Bree is really nice and sweet. I promise she will not do anything to hurt you and besides if she does she will have to deal with me and I don't think she wants to deal with me." Conner said and Alex laughed.

I stopped so I could her the rest of what they were saying. He always knew what to say to make her feel better. He was a very good brother sometimes I wish I hade a brother like that. It's not that I do not love my sisters but they can be a real pain in the butt sometimes talking about stupid stuff and always arguing. Then I thought back to what Conner said I was sweet I think Alexa was right he did have a crush on me!

"Oh my gosh I think you have a crush on her," Alex yelled.

"No I don't," his face practically looked like a tomato. "Say that louder I don't think the people across the street could her you completely."

They finally saw me walking towards them and Conner turned even more red which I did not think was possible. He was probably wondering if I heard that.

"Hi," I said acting like I heard nothing.

"Hi," they said at the exact same time it was kind of creepy.

"I think we have Social Studies together," trying to be as nice as I could to Alex.

"Oh yeah we do," she said.

Me and Alex talked all the way to there house. Conner was silent except for when he made a few really bad jokes. Alex was really nice I did not know why some girls made fun of her probably because she was really nice and smart and pretty. As we walked in to there house I hade a look around. It was very small and there were still boxes so i guessed they moved.

"Did you guys move?" I asked them.

"Yeah we did," she said quickly.

"Why," I asked questioning them.

"Um," Conner hesitated and Alex nodded at him and he continued. "Are Dad died about a year ago in a car accident and we did not have enough money to keep our old house so we hade to sell it and move into this rental.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry I hade no idea," I said feeling bad for bring that up and for them and all that they went though. But they just shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Do you want to come into my room and we can start on the project," Conner asked me.

"Sure," I answered.

Alex went done to her room but as some as I looked away I could feel Alex wiggling her eyebrows at Conner and he got bright red. Conner's room was very small with a bed a one corner and a desk at the other corner by the window. But I also remembered what Alexa said to me that I could figure out what he was hiding or I could get really close to him I guess I could try both. I looked around the room again seeing if there was anything suspicious but there was nothing that was out of the ordinary. I sat on his rolling chair at his desk and he sat on his bed. He took out a thick binder.

"What is that?" I asked him.

"It's a binder," he said with a serious expression on his face.

"I know that but what is in there?" I asked laughing.

"It has some short stories in it. I like writing," he said shrugged a little embarrassed.

"I do to," I said it was kind of cool that we hade something in common. "What do you like to write about?"

"Fairytales mostly but I would like to do some other genres," he said getting more and more red  by the second. What do you like to write about?"

"Um mystery and horror stories. But fairytales is good idea for a genre. I will have to try it sometime,"I said trying to make him less embarrassed about his choice of genre. "So what do you think the story should be about?"

We decided on a mystery story about Goldilocks attempting to murder Queen Red. It was a very interesting topic of story and I was kind of scared of how it was going to turn out.

"I will be right back, I have to go to the bathroom," he told me and I just nodded.

I figured why I was waiting I would look around. It only took me about a minute to look around because the room was so small. I sat there for a couple of minutes. What was taking him so long. Then I heard talking so I figured that he was talking to Alex. I decided to look at his binder it could not hurt, right? At least it would pass the time. Once I read a few of the stories I was blown away they were like the best story I have ever read. My favorites were about a walking fish and a curvy tree they were really really good. Conner was an amazing writer. It was cool that we hade something in common. He was walking in so I quickly closed the binder.

"That was a long time in the bathroom," I said trying to ask him questions so he would not notice that I was looking at his stuff or why I was on his bed.

"Yeah sorry Alex hade to talk to me real quick but it was not very quick," he apologized.

"Your good," I said.

We finished the story and it was actually better than I thought it would be. I walked home from  there house I was not very far away. But I hade to be honest I was a little disappointed that we finished the project in one day. I did know one thing Conner kept surprising me and he kept getting more and mote amazing ever second I was with him.