Camp...still day one

"Watch out!!" A loud voice yells from across the net.

Karasuno was playing a game with Fukurodoni high. The loud voice had been from their team's Captain and Ace, Kotaro Bokuto.

Shoyo didn't have enough time to dodge the ball, however.

"Hinata?" Suga says, frantically rushing to his side. "Can you hear me? Where are you? How many fingers can you see?"

"Suga-san...ask him something he'll know the answer to," Tsukishima laughs, walking up with Yamaguchi.

Shoyo's eyes open wide. "I'm fine...really!" He laughs. "That was a nice spike Bokuto-san!"

"Hahaha....thanks Shorty," Bokuto laughs, blushing.

"Don't encourage this loud Owl," Kuroo holds his thumb towards Bokuto, who gets in a fighting stance, but quickly freezes.

"Next time..." Akaashi Keiji, the Setter and Vice Captain of Fukurodani walks up between the two captains, with Kenma behind him. "Aim better... Bokuto-san," he says in a deflated tone.

"Aaakaaashi....I didn't mean to," Bokuto whines, pouting his lip.

"I know...I'm just saying be careful," Akaashi points to Shoyo on the ground.

"Okay...I will," Bokuto says, bowing towards Shoyo."I'm really sorry Shorty. I'll try not to hit you in the face next time."

"It's fine, really," Shoyo blushes, waving to Bokuto as he runs back to the other side of the net.

"My soulmate doesn't have a lot of self control when it comes to volleyball," Akaashi smiles. "But he's an amazing guy."

"He's your...your his..." Shoyo's eyes sparkle. "That's amazing Akaashi-san! I hope I can meet my soulmate soon. It feels like he's really close."

"Really?" Akaashi glances over at the number 9 setter from Karasuno. "And you're sure it's a guy?"

"Well...I'm pretty sure," Shoyo laughs. "At least, I hope he is. I'm not really attracted to girls. I think they're beautiful, but it doesn't make my heart race."

"Don't worry, I completely understand, " Akaashi laughs, looking at his boyfriend. "Bokuto-san caught me completely by surprise when he wanted to confirm his suspicions and kissed me in the middle of practice one day...but, I was already attracted to him from the moment we met so it was easy to forgive him for embarrassing me."

"Huh..." Shoyo glances over at Tobio, remembering when they first met. That had been an interesting meeting, he giggles to himself.

"Do you have someone like that too?" Akaashi asks.

"Um...well..." Shoyo thinks about Tobio and his first impression of the taller boy. But before he can answer, the boy in mind walks up behind their new friend from Nekoma.

"Shoyo...here," Kenma reaches his hand out for Shoyo to grab.

"Thanks Kenma," he smiles grabbing ahold of his hand...however, Kenma isn't very strong and ends up being yanked down with Shoyo after only lifting him half way up.

"Hey...tsk!" Tobio hisses as he manages to catch both Shoyo and Kenma. "Be careful Dumbass," he directs his insult to Shoyo, letting both of them go. 

"Sorry," Shoyo laughs, then turns towards Kenma. "Are you okay, Kenma?"

"Yeah...I'm fine," Kenma straightens his jersey. "Nice catch," he smiles up at Tobio.

"Thanks," Tobio smiles back. He can feel his soul mark heating up again. Tobio wonders, but doesn't get the chance to ask Kenma if his soul mark reacted.

Akaashi watches the two boys from Karasuno and wants to help, but fears he'll over step. Perhaps I should console with their number 2? He thinks.

"Alright, that's it for today!" Karasuno's coach, Ukai Keishin interrupts. "Everyone get to the dining hall and dont stay up past 10. We are starting early tomorrow morning at 7am."

"You heard the man," the coach from Nekoma laughed. "If I catch any of you out of bed past 10 o'clock...." he looks at his team and then the other teams. "I wont hesitate to shave your heads."

"Yes Sir!!" They all yell.

Shoyo grabs Tobio's sleeve and motions him over tot he side. Once it's just the two of them, he tries not to yell his discovery.

"He's my soulmate!" An echo occurs, because both Shoyo and Tobio said the same thing.

"Wait...I'm pretty sure he's mine," Shoyo's hands land on his hips.

"No...I'm sure he's mine," Tobio said, leaning over Shoyo. "I felt my mark heat up when I caught him."

"So did mine," Shoyo grabbed his hip.

"Oh," Tobio cursed under his breath. "Okay...lets just ask him about his soul mark. That'll be the easiest way."

Shoyo started to fidget, nervous about asking his new friend something so private.

"Okay," Shoyo finally sighed. "You're right, Tobio. I just wish this was easier. I hate feeling so nervous all the time."

"Yeah...me too," Tobio rested his hand on Shoyo's shoulder. "It's going to be fine. We are going to find them, together."

"Yeah..." Shoyo smiles up at Tobio. It would easier if you were my soulmate, he thinks smiling up at his partner.

Tobio looks down at Shoyo. I kinda wish you were mine, he smiles at the shorter boy.