Chapter 7 - Deal?

No sooner had Deimos left my side when Rachel, Vincent and Trevor attacked me with questions. They hugged me and Trevor held me by my shoulders as he looked at me for any signs of bruising or cuts.

"Where were you?"
"What happened?"
"Are you okay?"
"Harper Nina if you ever do this again I will track you down!"

After laughing a little of their scrunched up faces, I told them that I was fine and that Jade just wanted to be out and was in need of a good vacation. Which left them wearied but they backed off for now.

I told them I was going to use the washroom and left following Deimos' musky scent towards the small park behind the building. 

His scent led me to some large oak trees far away on the other half of the park. I stood there listening to the sound of his breathing knowing that he was close by. But before I could take a step forward, I felt his presence behind me. His breath fanned my neck as if breathing in my scent before whispering in a low feral tone,"Why is his scent is all over you?"

I rolled my eyes and turned around, our chests almost touching. I looked up at his darkened eyes and leaned in, taking in a sniff, "I could ask you the same." 

We both glared at each other for a while before he spoke up," Where did you go?"

Memories of the night flooded back, the rejection, the humiliation, I sneered at him,"That's none of your damn business." He glared at me but before he could say anything I continued,"Besides weren't you too busy with your new Luna?"  My eyes flashed green showing how pissed both Jade and I were. 

Deimos clenched his fist as he fought his own wolf from appearing who no doubt unlike his human wanted to do anything but reject me.  "I was indeed. Too bad she must leave to attend to her family before taking up her responsibilities, which I am sure she would carry out with a much higher grace."

I ignored him and the pain his words caused me, and stepped closer, "Well you should tell her to take her time because there's no way in hell I'm going to let her or anyone take my rightful position without a fight or a say in the matter." I paused, Deimos stayed silent with an unreadable expression on his face. "Let me tell you this Alpha Deimos Veron Ace, I am not going anywhere until I show you that no body but me can make you feel like this," I trail my fingers up his arm feeling the warm tingles spread through my form, he gulped slightly , his gaze intense,"You may be the King of your pack but you are no one to play with nature." 

I take a step back looking at him with a new professional confidence, "I have waited for too damn long to find my mate, and you will not take away this chance of mine without even knowing what our relationship could lead to. So, I am here to make you a deal," I look at him straight in the eye and say,"One year,give this bond one year, if you decide not to take me back even then, I will accept your rejection on this very day, August the eighteenth, and you'll never see me again."

Deimos stared at me, his eyes hooded and his face remained expressionless for a while before he spoke, "And what are the terms of this deal?"

"Glad you asked. We must spend at least a few hours together everyday to get to know each other better, we can not mate with other wolves," I paused when he growled stepping closer clearly not liking the idea of me with someone else," but we are not bound to each other until of course the marking takes place and that we carry out this deal with mutual respect, honesty and trust because that's what's most important in a relationship." 

He scoffed looking away before saying,"Now listen to my terms, as this deal is initiated by you I get to decide when or where our next meeting will be which leads me to my second point which is that you will not be seen with me as my mate or girlfriend." I flinched a little, glaring at him." But as an allied partner working on your pack's behalf so people won't suspect us."

"And what about our parents? I don't know about you but my parents especially my dad gives me little surprise visits and I know for a fact that none of them will not stand with this deal." I ask.

"Well as I have already chosen my Luna, that's not my problem. Besides I'm just playing along your little experiment before Samantha comes back and I mark her." He smirked.

I growled feeling angry that he had plans to mark another, Jade took over and pushed him against the tree whispering,"Mine."

"You're breaking your own rules,Harper Nina." He whispered as his lips came close to mine and before I knew it, he shifted our positions so that I was the one pinned against the tree.

Blue eyes stared into mine, Deimos' wolf was out, the blue reminded me of a bright sunny day by the ocean I leaned in craving his musky scent. "Mate. Mine."

His voice was deep like Deimos' but unfamiliar, he continued, "My name is Blake,love."

Jade wanted to meet her mate but I knew if I let her the wolves would complete the mating in no time out right breaching the deal and to be honest I did not want to see Deimos' reaction if that were to happen.

Instead I held his face in my hands cherishing the moment as I stared into Blake's eyes whispering,"I'm glad I met you Blake but I need you to let Deimos take over."

He frowned for a moment but then nodded not before placing a swift kiss on my cheek and smiling genuinely, before closing his eyes. When Deimos opened his eyes again they were their usual amber brown. Before they held love and pure happiness but now they were clouded with confusion, anger and annoyance. 

Deimos pushed himself off me and strode couple of steps away, taking in deep breaths. "That should never happen again." He turned to face me and said,"Get this Harper, you may earn my respect and trust through this deal we might even act like mates but you'll never get my love, it is only meant for one person. And only she will receive it not you."

My heart hurt thinking of the person Deimos had so fiercely acclaimed his love for. He loved someone else and he was going o make sure that he would not share that affection with anyone else. Who was this girl? 

"I will send you a word about our next meeting." He said before walking away not sparing me a glance as I leaned against a tree feeling shattered as if he had rejected me all over again. 

***

"Harp, are you sure you're okay?" Vincent asked for the tenth time today. 

"I'm fine Vee! I am. I just need some sleep you know because of all the running." I mustered up a smile as I walked towards my room, just before I was going to enter it Rachel yelled,"There's a little surprise waiting for ya in there!" She cheekily grinned at Vincent who shook his head smiling slightly, "Just something we thought would brighten your day?" 

I opened my room to see a box of cake pops, some scented candles and a set of watercolour tubes lying in my bed. "Happy early time of the month?" Trevor asked nervously as I turned to face all three of them not realizing when Trevor got here. 

My heart swelled with happiness and pure amazement at the efforts of my friends to cheer me up as I pounced on them,"Aww you guys!! Thank you, thank you !"  They laughed and soon Rachel and Vincent began arguing about whether Rachel's cake pop idea was better or Vincent's candle one. I laughed and noticed Trevor sending major heart eyes looks towards me. Oh no.

I smiled at him and said, "Thanks for the paints Trev, I really appreciate them, you're a great friend." He winced a little and nodded smiling,"Happy if you are."

Soon I was inside the chambers of my room and after devouring some cake pops I headed towards the candles, there were five in total with scents of citrus, lavender, vanilla, cinnamon and red musk, I instantly lit the musk one and took a long bath, letting myself get lost in the moment. The thought of Deimos' kiss made my cheeks tingle and blush red as I thought of what the coming weeks would hold for us.

And boy, they were going to be some kind of a roller coaster ride.

***

Thanks for all your support you guys!!!!

Let me know what you think about this deal!  Vote and share!

<3  K