Chapter 10- Playing Nancy Drew

My mind was swirling with questions and possibilities of who Adeline was as I shifted and made my way up to the apartment grabbing a few clothes on the way.

Upon entering the flat I was greeted by a very nervous Rachel. She was pacing around the room when she saw me and immediately approached me, grabbing me for a tight hug.

"Harp!"

"What's wrong Rach?"

"I'm worried Harper only a week is left till my birthday. I'm going to find my mate."

"That's good right?" My heart hurt thinking about my own mate.

"Ya, but I think I know who my mate will be. And it's not Vincent."

I stared at her, no, sometimes a werewolf could guess their mate a few days before their birthday and that's why Deimos had known before me.

"But I thought you were giving him a chance? And if not Vincent so who?"

She stared at me with her eyes full of tears,"Jace Hunter."

"Rach, are you sure?"

"I don't know! I feel something for both of them. But I don't know why am I meant to be with. I love Vincent but there's something different about Jace that just feels so good." .

"Well we'll have to wait and see."

"I guess so, but I just don't want anyone to get hurt." She whispered.

"Mates are made for each other.Don't worry, if Vincent is your mate you'll know but if you feel a certain type of connection with Jace, don't fight it. Rach, everything's going to be fine." I hug her and she nods and goes to watch a movie. Wise words Harp, Jade commented.

Soon after the movie Rachel fell asleep on the couch and as it was still bright outside, I decided to go out for a walk.Everything felt so confusing, Jade was becoming restless everyday as she clearly took Adeline as her potential threat and craved her end.

I changed into a pair of shorts and a baggy shirt not bothering to grab something warm and rushed out towards my favourite trail, which out right behind the Herbology block. I loved walking her for two primary reasons, one because people rarely came here and thus it was always a perfect place for having some silence and second because of the beautiful flowers Mrs. Martha Everdeen the Herbology professor had planted there and also because she was always kind and sweet treating me with freshly baked cookies and motherly advice whenever I was down especially the during my second year here. She was like a mentor to me and cared for me more than my own mother ever had.

All the events from meeting Deimos and to becoming his unwanted mate played in my mind

All the events from meeting Deimos and to becoming his unwanted mate played in my mind. Vincent and Rachel's story that now included Jace. And if course my pending wedding. Who was I going to be married to if I'm not able to get Deimos and only to form a new secure alliance? Will he be a kind guy or some forty years old pervert? I shuddered at the thought.