Chapter 11- Forgotten Princess

I pressed harder on the gas as I sped past the city and into the forest. My eyes where filled with unshed tears as I recalled what followed once I met Adeline. The Adeline. How do I know if she's the one? Because just another Adeline would not be wearing a ring around her neck. And not just any ring. The Moon Neoma Ring. This ring wasn't just any ring. Having studied old packs like Deimos' Red Ace, I was no stranger to the value of this ring. 

With it's sparkling pure sapphire diamond and two canine like white diamond surrounding it, this ring was a beauty

With it's sparkling pure sapphire diamond and two canine like white diamond surrounding it, this ring was a beauty. I had seen many pictures of Red Atlas lunas wearing this ring. All glimmering with radiance and maintaining  the thriving history of the pack. It was first crafted in the early nineteenth century by Alpha Darius, who was the first Red Atlas Alpha to marry his true mate and not have any mistresses on the side although all alphas before him increased the population of the pack by mating with other she-wolves. It is said that he loved Luna Katherine so much that the Moon Goddess blessed them with a symbol of their affection. A huge sapphire diamond and some silver. A ring was crafted by Darius. Surprisingly the silver ring never burned the two lovers but hurt like hell when someone other than the two wore  it. As the ring passed on from Luna to Luna, it was discovered that only the true Lunas of the Red Atlas could be entitled to wear it. If there was a chosen Luna due to grave circumstances, she would wear it as a brooch or necklace but never in her finger.

And here I was, leaving after stuttering a goodbye to Adeline, the woman who Deimos had chosen. The chosen Luna.
Even when his mate, the true Luna was out there. I tried to swallow the jealousy that followed after seeing Adeline with it.  And just seeing Adeline in general. She was the woman for whom Deimos had stored away his love. And she was here.

I wiped away a few traitorous tears and parked my car outside my building. It was late and I hoped that no one was awake. I had texted Rachel and Vincent about by whereabouts earlier and asked them not to wait up.

When I walked in, the T.V was on and Rachel was drooling on Vincent's shoulder as she snuggled into him while he protectively wrapped his arms around her as turned to look at me. Trevor, Hanna and Nora where there too watching the movie.

They waved at me as I smiled to best I could and walked casually towards the kitchen my throat itching for something cold to burn down the boiling heat of my body. Jade hadn't stopped whimpering ever since she saw that ring. Clearly she took this to be a statement from both Deimos and Blake and felt utterly replaced. You and I both Jade. The irony.

"Hey, Harp." Trevor said, his voice deeper because of the beer he was drinking. I turned to look at him and nodded in acknowledgement as I drank some water.

I looked into his warm pity filled eyes, and I knew. Trevor knew. We both knew.

I took a deep breath and turned around walking out of the kitchen to the farthest side of the apartment, the guest bedrooms balcony. I swung over the railing and sat in the tiled roof. I felt Trevor sit by me.