Chapter 8 - Play Date

His dark eyes 

Those soft lips

That little dimple on the corner of his mouth

I groaned as I twisted restlessly on my bed. It had been almost a  week since my last encounter with Deimos and I hadn't stop thinking about him.  How could I? It was natural for mates to want to spend every second with each other especially during the first few months. 

It was sad to know that I was the only one out of us doing so because the rejection was done by him cutting off almost half of our connection which would be full if I rejected him back and we both accepted our rejections,  no chance of me doing that for sure. 

I recalled the ferocious way Deimos had spoken of the girl he claimed to be the only recipient of his love. My heart pained to think of this mysterious woman who had managed to walk right into the cold heart of the most feared Alpha.

Was she his childhood friend turned lover? Did he save her from a dark past? Or did she save him?

But then I wondered if he loved this girl so dearly where was she? Why had he chosen Samantha as the first in line for Luna and not her? Perhaps she didn't feel he same? A part of me quickly protest, how could anyone not fall for Deimos Ace?

I groaned, I was going way ahead for him all because of the mate bond. 

I pushed myself off my bed running a hand through my messy curls, untangling the knots as I made my way towards the washroom to wash up before cooking something for dinner,when I heard a knock on the door. Knowing that both Rachel and Vincent had gone out for their extra classes or soccer practice and I had the rest of the day off, I huffed and dragged myself towards the door. 

Jace Hunter stood there at his glory, adorned in a brown leather jacket and black undershirt and blue jeans and he appeared to be checking out himself using the polished door's reflection, fixing his golden locks. "Aw! I wasn't done yet!" 

I shuffled my feet,"Do want me to shut the door then? I'll do it gladly." I began to shut the door when his foot stopped it. 

"No! Ugh, OK, Listen, I need to tell you about the meeting." He whispered dramatically looking around the corridor suspiciously, practically begging me to let him in. I stared at him, I thought Deimos wanted to keep this private?

As if reading my mind he said, "I was literally born a day after him and know him since then, did you really think he wouldn't tell me?"

I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the open kitchen heating up some water for my tea.

"Aren't you a view?" Jace crinkled his nose as he plopped himself on a high stool casually, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl. I looked down at my plaid pajamas and a loose t-shirt with a large cat giving the finger. Eh.

I glared at him and said,"You were here to tell me-?"

"Right, so Deimos wants you to go with him for dinner, tonight." He paused and pretended to think hard, "Fancy place, called....I can't remember the name... Le Blah..la Kou? Whatever that's how fancy it is."

I rolled my eyes and turned to pick out my mug for my tea, "Sure, Deimos Ace taking the mate he doesn't need to a fancy restaurant? I'm surprised it's not some shack called 'Randy's' where men in their fifties come to drink beer, cry and yell at the T.V showing a repeated soccer game."

Jace chocked on his apple and let out a series of nervous laughter before rushing to the door,  "He'll be here at sharp 7 o'clock. Don't be late!" 

I hummed and took a sip from my mug trying to calm down the little fangirl squad Jade had turned into. 

We need to pick something beautiful Harp! Our mate is taking us out for dinner!!