chapter eighteen

haeun's pov:

"unnie unnie unnieeee!!!" i yelled, running to aeri and chanhee's shared room.

"what can we do for our precious maknae today?" chanhee asked while squeezing my cheeks together.

i showed both of them my phone and sat down on their bean bag. as they were reading the conversation i had with mashiho, i was internally stressing out. i messed with my hair and thought about what outfits i would be wearing or whether or not fans would be hating us.

there really isn't anything going on between us, really! i mean .. i guess i could see why fans would assume that, but that's just how our friendship is. mashiho tends to come off on the flirtatious side with me and i could say the same about myself.

i heard squealing in the room so i snapped out of my thoughts and saw both of them holding each other's hands, jumping up and down on the bed.

"our little maknae is growing up so fast. awwww," aeri cheerfully said, while pulling my hand to jump up and down with them.

"guys stop," i whined.

"haeun, don't worry. you overthink too much. just relax and live in the moment. stop thinking about what's going to happen in the future because you'll just miss out on what happens in the present," aeri assured.

aeri was the main person i'd go to for advice. although she's just a year older than me, she's very mature. she doesn't like to express her emotions too much, but she really cares about all the members.

chanhee and i looked at each other with widened eyes and turned back to aeri.

"yah- when did you become so wise?," chanhee teased and added, "but she isn't wrong haeun. don't worry about what will happen with mashiho. just enjoy what is happening now. and plus .. you always say you're only friends right?" she smirked.

"woah- you really- yah-" i replied, shocked from her last statement.

"YAH??! yah- haeun- who are you calling yah huh?" chanhee asked, standing up to come after me.

i quickly took my phone from aeri and ran out of their room, chanhee following behind. she was too slow, so i was able to reach my room and shut the door, locking it.