chapter thirty-one

once the doctor came back in to give me a check up, i was allowed to be discharged. my parents filled out the needed paperwork, while i waited patiently in the room.

i had explained the situation to my parents and they were quite angered, but with the help of treasure's manager, i told my parents that this situation would only help the company find more reliable people so it was all good.

"okay, everything is all signed," mom said, walking in.

"we're going to be taking you home for a few days just to make sure you're healthy," she added, packing the last few things.

"h-home? but i don't need to go home mom. it was a just in the moment kind of thing. plus, i'm feeling extra better and if anything happens, i have the girls," i assured.

"i- haeun, the house is only ten minutes away from your dorm and anyone would be welcomed to come visit. i just want to make sure you're extra healthy to go back to work."

"i agree with your mom," dad said.

"yea, me too. haeun, even if this is the first time something like this has happened, it only gives us a reason to worry that it could happen again. you should go back home and rest until you're certain that your health is okay," mashiho added.

i turned to make eye contact with him and pouted.

"but this is the part where you're supposed to back me up," i whined.

he laughed and ruffled my hair. wrapping his hands around me, he said, "i know that's what you want, but your health is important right now. i promise you that i'll come visit as much as i can okay?"

i sighed, but nodded, seeing that there wasn't going to be any way out of the situation.

realizing the quietness in the room, i turned my direction to see my parents smiling brightly at the sight of mashiho and i holding onto each other.

"my my my. he's handsome, talented, AND knows what is best for you. i'd be the one to threaten you about losing him. if you lose him, it'd be a lost for all of us," mom teased.

"MOM!" i exclaimed.

the room was filled with laughter until mashiho spoke up.

"don't worry mrs. choi. haeun won't be losing me anytime soon," he said, looking down at me, "i'll be sure of it."

*time skip*
mashiho ended up coming to my house as well. the manager arranged a plan where he'd come to pick up mashiho when hyunsuk comes to visit.

since mashiho was a guest, my mom and dad headed out to the store to shop for groceries in order to make food for him.

mashiho and i both took off our shoes and i took his hand to lead him to my room.

"it still looks the same," i smiled, walking up the steps to plop down on my bed

not feeling a body beside me, i sat up and patted my bed.

"come," i said.

"you have a thing for demanding people to sit on beds don't you?" mashiho chuckled, sitting himself beside me.

"no, but i do have a thing for you," i confidently said, reclining myself on mashiho's lap.

a handful of thoughts began to flood my head as mashiho looked down into my eyes, playing with my eyelashes.

"you know- i'm quite proud of you for not acting shy in front of my parents earlier," i complimented.

"of course i'd be confident in front of your parents if i'm confident about my love for you," he said, but immediately cringed at his words.

"never saying anything like that again," he cringed.

i laughed nonstop, "never again."

our laughing died down as i closed my eyes, relaxing to the delicate touches of mashiho's fingers against my lashes.

with eyes still closed, i decided to start another conversation.

"mash, can i call you mash? i'm calling you mash. mash is cute so i'm calling you mash whether you like it or not. sorry mash," i said in one breath, receiving a laugh from mashiho.

"i wanted to say thank you, thank you for everything. i really mean it. thank you for entering my life. thank you for supporting me. thank you for taking care of me. thank you for caring about me. thank you for spoiling me. thank you for treating me like i'm the only one that you see. just .. thank you for loving me," i freely and honestly rambled, opening my eyes back up to see a smile on his face.

"then i want to say thank you for just being you because you are the only thing that i see," he replied, leaning further down to kiss my forehead.

i sat up and laid straight down on my bed, turning on my side to face mashiho. patting the pillow, mashiho laid down as well, turning on his side to face me.

"come closer," he whined.

i laughed and scooted closer to him, allowing him to put his arms around me.

"you're such a big baby. i love it," i said, tilting my head up so i could see his face.

"and i love you," mashiho replied, kissing my forehead once again.

i heard the house door open and shut with the sounds of my parents' voices, but that did not stop mashiho and i from talking, laughing, and cuddling as we soon found ourselves asleep in each other's arms.