chapter twenty-eight

(i know in the prologue i stated that the company that bright stars was going to be under was up to you, but let's just say they're under yg)

my birthday week was over, meaning schedules resume, reality following along.

i woke up and of course checked my phone to see nothing but hate comments and dms.

i had no clue where the sudden outbreak of hate was coming from, but once i saw death threats after death threats, i set my phone down and headed to the bathroom.

locking the door, i leaned against it and slowly fell down crying. at eighteen, i should not be getting these type of things. i should not have to be scared for my life. no one should.

*knock*

"who's in there? are you okay?" a voice asked.

no response.

"open up the door"

no response.

"i said open up the door or i'm breaking it down"

i unlocked the door and opened it to see heeyoung. seeing that i was crying, she pouted and engulfed me in a hug.

"shh it's okay. let it all out and then you can tell me what's wrong. shh," heeyoung said calmly, rubbing my back.

sooner than later, all the girls came out of their rooms, hearing the crying. they brought me to the living room and tried to calm me down without being aware of the situation.

once my crying stopped, they all took turns asking if i was okay or what was wrong.

"haeun- it can't be because of the hate right? no. you always ignore those type of things, so yo-"

"it is because of that," i said, cutting naeun off.

"what? what hate comments? you didn't even do anything. why would you be gettin-"

"dispatch," i replied.

"aish. those sons of a b-"

"hEY- language aeri," heeyoung yelled.

she turned to me and held my hands, "haeun-ah. our precious baby. you are a beautiful, intelligent, talented, and precious human being. we don't deserve you, mashiho doesn't deserve you, no one deserves you. you are to perfect for this world. we don't want to see you like this. nothing will happen because we won't let it happen. we're here to love you, support you, cheer you on, and protect you, okay?"

i smiled at her words that cheered me up.

"right. ignore the people who hate on you. even if it feels like the world is against you, you will always have us. we love you and will always love you," chanhee added.

i let the words sink in and in a matter of seconds, i began laughing.

"what? why are you laughing now?"hana asked, confused.

"guys, mashiho oppa and i aren't even dating so what do you mean he doesn't deserve me?" i questioned, directing it to heeyoung.

"aish. is that all you can think about after the words of love we just gave you? you have that little boy in your mind all the time huh," heeyoung teased.

"n-no. i j-just .." i stuttered.

"okay okay. sorry to ruin the moment, but we have less than fifteen minutes to get ready for practice..." aeri interrupted.

with a few scoldings from the other girls, we all got ready and waited for the manager to come.

*time skip*