chapter twenty-four

*a big time skip to the day of haeun's birthday* (mashiho's ankle got better. i know it takes more than a few days for a severe spained ankle to heal, but for the story purpose, his ankle is all better)

july 25th .. 18 years ago, my mom gave birth to me and helped shape me into the person i am today.

my alarm began ringing, making my eyes flutter open. with the reminder that it was my birthday, i had a mindset that nothing would ruin my day.

"happy birthday to you. happy birthday to you. happy birthday to our dearest maknae. happy birthday to you!!!!!" the members sang, coming into my room making loud commotion.

i got out of my covers and approached aeri who was holding a birthday cake.

"blow the candles out and make a big wish because today you turn the big one eight," aeri cheered.

i closed my eyes and wished ..

i wish that bright stars could be more successful than ever and have a bright future. i also wish for the universe to allow me to realize who my special one is because life would be much more interesting with him.

opening my eyes, i adjusted to the bright lighting and blew out the candles. all the girls cheered and left my room to allow me to get ready for the day.

i purposely didn't check my phone today because i always check my birthday notifications after i have my birthday outfit on. it just helps set the mood better.

*time skip*

i replied to the birthday messages from my family members, close friends, including treasure, and sunbaenims, leaving mashiho's message last.

mashiho :)
HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
HAEUN!!!

mashiho :)
sadly, your birthday has
come, which means today
would be our last day
hanging out together for
your birthday week, but
that's okay! i hope you
had a goodnight sleep
because you'll need
lots of energy for today!

haeunie
thank you!❤️

mashiho :)
there should be something
for you outside of your
dorm's door. i sent hyunsuk
hyung to send it to you.
everything i wanted to say
is in the letter. see you in
a little!
seen

as soon as i finished reading the message, i headed towards the door and saw a beautifully wrapped present. i brought it into the dorm and put it on the table, making the members crowd around the table.

i very gently untied the bow and tore the wrapping paper apart. i lifted the lid to the box and all the sides fell open.

(you know .. the little present boxes that are like surprises and there's pictures and stuff.)

my jaw dropped at the sight of seeing different pictures of mashiho oppa and i. some pictures were from hanging out this week. some pictures looked like they were taken by members or fans. seeing the pictures made me pout because it was very thoughtful and cute.

there was another box in the middle so i lifted the lid once again, the sides falling low, showing more pictures of us together. in the middle of the second box was a pandora box.

i looked up at my members, shocked, and saw that all of them had already been recording with bright smiles on their faces.

opening the pandora box, i saw a silver bracelet that had little diamonds in it here and there. on the inside of the bracelet, there were words that said, "you are my fairytale come true." those were the words mashiho and i sang together when we collaborated.