chapter thirty

where am i?

i opened my eyes and found myself surrounded by machines and bright lights. turning my head, i saw ..

"mom? dad?" i questioned while trying to sit up, but completely failed.

"hey sweetie. we can catch up later. you need to rest for now," mom replied.

"what happened?" i asked.

"well hun .. the doctor said that you passed out due to emotional stress. i don't know what happened because the manager left before i could ask," mom explained.

"did you get a new manager? the manager earlier didn't look like the one i saw before," dad asked, confused.

"ah- that's because i'm not," a voice spoke.

we all turned our heads towards the doorway of the hospital room i was in and saw treasure's manager.

"sorry for startling you, but there's been an incident with haeun's old manager and until the company finds a new one, i'll be watching over her. it would be better if she were to explain what happened herself, so i'll leave it to her, but haeun," the manager said, looking over at me.

"someone's here to see you," he smiled.

the manager stepped to a side and revealed mashiho.

i smiled brightly and felt and urge to get out of bed and run to him, but of course i couldn't.

"you're going to have to come to me," i smiled.

mashiho smiled back and walked over to me, sitting on the side of my bed.

before mashiho or i could say anything further, coughing was heard. fake coughing that belonged to my mom and dad.

mashiho and i turned our attention to them and i began giggling.

"ah right. mashiho, this is my mom and dad. mom, dad .. meet mashiho," i introduced.

mashiho stood up and bowed at them.

"m-mom, dad .. can you two leave the room for a second. uh- i need to ta-"

"yea yea o-of course sweetheart. take all the time you need," dad winked.

i mentally face palmed as i watched my parents and the manager head out.

hearing the door slide shut, i turned to mashiho who was still standing in complete confusion.

i giggled once again and reached out for his hands, pulling him closer to me.

"mashiho, love," i laughed.

"y-you know .. i can get used to being called love by you," he teased, sitting back down on my bed.

i gently slapped his arm, resulting in mashiho jumping off the bed, startled.

"oh you big baby, come back here," i said, patting the spot next to me.

he shook his head, "nope. not a chance. not if you're going to hit me again. no."

i widened my eyes, "are you really going to say no to the girl in the hospital bed right now?"

he bit back a smile and nodded.

i sighed, "what a shame. and to think that you loved me. how to love someone, but not show them affection. what a thought."

i brought my hand up to my head and pretend to scratch it, making it appear as if i was thinking.

after a few seconds of complete silence, i looked at the corner of my eye to see mashiho staring at me wide eyed.

"y-yah .. how can you say that haeun-ah! you just made me look like a bad guy!" he whined.

i forced myself to hold back the laughter and brought my hand down from my head to pat the empty spot on my bed.

this time, mashiho sat down without any hesitation, making me smile in victory..

only until mashiho put both his hands on both sides of me, almost hovering over me. he brought his face closer to mine, making our faces centimeters apart.

"haeun, i do love you. i love you so so so much. i love you so much that it kills me to know that i can't officially call you my girlfriend yet. it kills me to kno-"

realizing what the only way to get mashiho to get silent was, i put my hand on his face to caress his cheek, of course silencing him.

"mashiho, i know you love me. i know you love me even when you don't tell me so. i know you love me by the way you act around me. i know you love me by the way you talk to me. i know you love me by the way you hold me. i know you love me," i whispered.

"i only said all of that as a joke, but seeing how serious you became made me realize.. what the hell have i been doing all this time? how could i leave you to go about your life without truly answering you," i laughed, receiving a laugh back in return.

"i know right? how could you?" he said, playfully taken aback.

"in my defense, i answered you. you were just to blind," i laughed, "when it was the day of my birthday and you asked if i wanted to go shopping or get ice cream, i replied with 'yes' and ran off. that 'yes' was an answer to your question. that 'yes' was a yes you've been waiting to he-"

my words were cut off when mashiho brought his lips down on to mine. of course i kissed back without hesitation, but i was still in shock.

mashiho pulled back and looked at my shocked face, making him laugh.

"i'm sorry. i just had to kiss you. it felt right in the moment," he apologized with a smile.

mashiho helped me sit up and i melted at the touch of mashiho's hand caressing my hand and shook my head.

"it didn't feel right. it was right," i said, leaning in to kiss him once again.

"okay haeun are you ready for a check u-"

mashiho and i pulled apart to the sound of the doctor's voice and turned to see him with his eyes wide.

"iseeyouaren'treadyforacheckup. i'll come back later. b-bye .." the doctor said while running out.

i laughed as mashiho smiled at me and we sat in a very comfortable silence.

"so .." he began.

"so .." i mocked.

"boyfriend and girlfriend?" he asked, but in a whisper.

i laughed at his straight forward question, but nodded, "boyfriend and girlfriend."