𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

As I had predicted, thousands of questions have left Jonathan and Lucy's mouths, hitting me like bullets. However, I didn't bother explaining them everything; it was like getting rid of a heavy burden that have been living on my chest for days and days.

While I was telling them every single detail, Jonathan's shocked and betrayed expression hurt me, but I didn't have time to worry about his feelings. Lucy, instead, has listened to me astonished, with her hands covering her mouth. I could see in her eyes proudness and admiration for my shrewdness, just like a mother would look at her daughter for her good grades.

Once I silenced myself, I have kept staring at them with my widen exhausted eyes, waiting for screams and hundred of "why didn't you tell us?!", but nothing came out from they mouths. With their unbelievable eyes on me and with their mouths opened, I have deduced they have forgotten that we had two cadavers right in front of us who seemed bothered by our presence.

However, suddenly Jonathan's yells have flooded every single part of the basement. Even the cadavers started to shake. Who could possibly say that a nice and perfect guy like him, would be capable to infuse such fear? I closed my eyes and ears, waiting for him to stop. "I told you that you would get in trouble! Now who knows what will happen to you! If he had to expose himself, it means that he was EXTREMELY bothered! How can you be such a full!? If the whole Family finds out about..."

He has kept going and going for hours. Nothing could stop him, neither Lucy. She was listening to everything more petrified than she could possibly be, with her scary face switching from Jonathan to me, repeatedly.

Thank God, we have managed to get out of that dreadful place once he has finished to yell desperately, and seeing the bright shiny sun was like entering in Paradise. We had no clue what time it was or how much time we have spent down there, but from the empty halls we deduced that the other girls were still out working and the family was still away for business.

Now here we are, sit down on the cleaning room pavement on circle. We have millions things to talk about, but none of us have the courage to break the intimidating silence. At least, I don't seem to be at the centre of attention anymore.

"Now?" It takes me some time to realise I am the one who has just talked.

"Now what?" Jonathan's acid tone couldn't miss, still angry at me.

"What do we do now?" I complete the sentence.

"I don't know! First the book, now two freaking cadavers! I-"

"Wait, what book?" Oh, here we go.

I give a killing stare at Jonathan, whose eyes stare at me terrified and unblinkingly. "Shit." I hear him, muttering under his breath.

"Hello? I'm right here! What book are you talking about?" Lucy repeats, pissed at our silence.

I don't move my eyes from Jonathan's, trying to send him allarme signals, but he keeps furrowing his eyebrows. "Well, we have to tell her now." I tell him.

"What if she tattles on it?" He hisses.

"She would never do such a thing. I know her-"

"THANK YOU FOR TALKING SO WISELY ABOUT MISS LUCY WHITE, BUT I SHOULD INFORM YOU THAT SHE IS RIGHT HERE!" Now we can't ignore her anymore.

I take a deep and long breath, in order to gain more time possible, before talking shakily. "We're investigating on a book from the Prohibited section."

Her green eyes wide in a inhuman manner, "what?" She whispers. Thank God she's contained herself, knowing we would get in big trouble if someone hears this conversation.