6

"Knowledge is going to make you stronger. Knowledge is going to let you control your life. Knowledge is going to give you the wisdom to teach their children. Knowledge is the thing that makes you smile in the face of disaster."

~Avery Brooks

***********************************************************************************************           "What do you mean?" I ask we sat on the plush couch chairs in my hotel room. I mean I'm still apprehensive about this Vampire but for what its worth i want to be able to say i listened to every theory.

"I had witches look into it" Now that I think of it she looks young and her hair is redder than Burnette like really light ginger. and her lips are red like fresh meat, and her eyes are so green. All in all, she is really beautiful like enchantress kind of beautiful, besides the stoic look and a hint of age in her eyes that makes her look wise beyond all.

"Yeah, you mentioned it." I roll my eyes at her honey, batter smell. Talk about Grandma.

"Yes anyway they said, it's not any creature they have every encountered" I open my mouth to comment but it seemed as if she was reading my thoughts. "These withes have been around for almost a millennium I think they know what they are saying" She gave me a so-don't-even-ask, in other words, a condescending look.

"Okay, and how can I trust you? Or better question why?" I lean back into the chair, then looked sideways to the enticing fire. I'm pretty convinced I am a pyromaniac, then again it could be  Hypochondriacs seeing as I am also pluviophile. 

She chuckled a little looking at the vase that was placed in the kitchenette "You could or you don't but either way, it doesn't affect my people, much" Damn what is with this woman and answering in shit, I say shit because she is not answering in riddles.

I chuckled too, but with all emotions lost, "Okay missy I think I have entertained your bullcrap long enough don't you think? Oh and since I'm asking questions so I might as well ask how old are you?"

She smirked, It seems like I can narrow down her facial expressions "I'm 652" No matter my expectations I still looked bewildered, not because of her age though.

"You don't look 50, and your mate is human and young"

"Oh her, no no she older than me, she's a witch oh and she was playing dumb" she shrugged, smiling mischievously, which is new by the way she looked dangerous. "We smelt, well I smelt wet slob, and she came up with the plan to get information" she gave me a megawatt smile. I was stunned to the point my throat was sandpaper.

"You know I don't see how that's gonna help me trusting you" if you though megawatt was the highest go look at it again because I don't understand it but her smile grew bigger.

"How?"

"I remember saying 'human mate, eh' to strike a conversation."

"I didn't say no, I just deflected the topic" she shrugged looking unconcerned.

'Howard, be on the lookout for vampires and tell Eliza and Mila to watch that 'human' girl, mainly honey and batter. That should be the Clan's smell' i mind linked.

'Why?' he sounded worried.

'I Don't know yet but tell Kylie that he should take my brother and check the perimeter'

'Yes Alpha'

"So do you truly believed what you just told me" I prodded.

"No" I cocked an eyebrow at her dismissive tone, but still push, for an unknown reason.